Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Derozen was brutal last night. Talk about forcing shots, and all those unforced turnovers... and they kept feeding him the ball.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Derozen was brutal last night. Talk about forcing shots, and all those unforced turnovers... and they kept feeding him the ball.
Who else are they going to feed it too? He is supposed to be the #1 scorer. Shooting 10 for 29 means most of those missed shots are going the other way. At some point they're as bad as turnovers.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We blew it in the 4th quarter, especially after Beal was tossed.

Demar tried to force it again and the end result was predictable.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Who else are they going to feed it too? He is supposed to be the #1 scorer. Shooting 10 for 29 means most of those missed shots are going the other way. At some point they're as bad as turnovers.
I was more comfortable with the ball in lowry’s Hands down the stretch at least he can dish out a pass off of those high pick and rolls. I understand the team was brutal at the end there but it just wasn’t working for derozan, he was especially brutal.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
That game just got away on us - I was sure we had it after Beal was tossed.

Serge and Miles were bad (again). Serge in particular started the series so well.

Still not panicking because.... we won the East, we set a record for wins. We're a good team. A damn good team.

As for our away record - we're 4th in the league. Not sure I'd call that "soft".

FVV sure has been huge for us all year. We've got the best bench in the league and he's the best part of it.

Garlando

May 5, 2014
Kingston, Ontario
I still believe in this team and think it's a legitimate title contender but last night was a frustrating 2nd half, particularly late in the 4th quarter. DeRozan cost the team down the stretch playing hero ball, going ISO and driving the lane against multiple defenders looking for a call. It was the wrong mentality from Demar down the stretch, you can't do it all on your own. The whole idea of the Raptors "culture change" was to become a team that makes each other better by utilizing effective ball movement and plays good D. It's frustrating to see them revert back to their old ways in bigger moments. I thought Lowry played well though, and I thought the bigs aside from Ibaka were solid and that perhaps the Raptors didn't utilize them enough when the Wizards went small again with their rotation. Also, the turnovers throughout the game were sloppy, and that kept the Wizards in the game long enough for a run that eventually led the Wizards past the Raptors. Hopefully they learn from this experience and can move forward!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I still believe in this team and think it's a legitimate title contender but last night was a frustrating 2nd half, particularly late in the 4th quarter. DeRozan cost the team down the stretch playing hero ball, going ISO and driving the lane against multiple defenders looking for a call. It was the wrong mentality from Demar down the stretch, you can't do it all on your own. The whole idea of the Raptors "culture change" was to become a team that makes each other better by utilizing effective ball movement and plays good D. It's frustrating to see them revert back to their old ways in bigger moments. I thought Lowry played well though, and I thought the bigs aside from Ibaka were solid and that perhaps the Raptors didn't utilize them enough when the Wizards went small again with their rotation. Also, the turnovers throughout the game were sloppy, and that kept the Wizards in the game long enough for a run that eventually led the Wizards past the Raptors. Hopefully they learn from this experience and can move forward!

Meh. Multiple times DeMar passed to Ibaka who just stood there rooted to the spot instead of moving the ball to an obviously open guy. At that point you just need to try to do it yourself.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Meh. Multiple times DeMar passed to Ibaka who just stood there rooted to the spot instead of moving the ball to an obviously open guy. At that point you just need to try to do it yourself.

Not to mention how many good looks he gave guys and they passed them up then gave it back to him with no time left on the shot clock.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Cleveland and Boston both head into game 5 with the series tied 2-2.
General reaction: "Meh, it's not a big deal that they've given up 2 losses already. They'll succeed. They're winners."

Toronto struggles a bit and is tied after 4 games
General reaction: "OMG I KNEW THE RAPTORS WERE A BUNCH OF CHOKING LOSERS! THEY'RE GONNA FAIL, I KNOW IT.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Cleveland and Boston both head into game 5 with the series tied 2-2.
General reaction: "Meh, it's not a big deal that they've given up 2 losses already. They'll succeed. They're winners."

Toronto struggles a bit and is tied after 4 games
General reaction: "OMG I KNEW THE RAPTORS WERE A BUNCH OF CHOKING LOSERS! THEY'RE GONNA FAIL, I KNOW IT.
1 seeds don't generally have as hard a time with an 8 seed. Cleveland because of their overhauled roster and Boston because of injuries to their starters is easier to understand why they aren't breezing through their series. Toronto on the other hand came into the playoffs healthy and ready to prove a point. up to this point they have been very disappointing.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
1 seeds don't generally have as hard a time with an 8 seed. Cleveland because of their overhauled roster and Boston because of injuries to their starters is easier to understand why they aren't breezing through their series. Toronto on the other hand came into the playoffs healthy and ready to prove a point. up to this point they have been very disappointing.

But to be fair, Washington was a win away from facing the 76ers and they were a top 4 team in the East for a majority of the season. If the Raps are a fake 1, Wiz are a fake 8.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
But to be fair, Washington was a win away from facing the 76ers and they were a top 4 team in the East for a majority of the season. If the Raps are a fake 1, Wiz are a fake 8.
Which doesn't bode well for Toronto. Toronto isn't a fake 1 and Washington is not a fake 8. Every team has it's ups and downs during a season and the healthier ones tend to be the more successful. The raptors are missing another allstar player. A consistent double double guy Like a DeMarcus Cousins. His toughness alone would go a long way in establishing what the Raps are missing. Though he is a hot head he would give Toronto that other look on offense. Get rid of Valanciunus and Ibaka and sign Cousins.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Wait a minute now...because they lost 2 on the road? Have we already forgotten the first two games of the series...

Bruh...Golden State lost to a team that's playing without their star. Houston didn't sweep their series.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Ya know, all this joke about Raptors being an NBA TV series team, if NBA wants Raptors to have some presence in US how about giving areas like Buffalo to Raptors instead of Knicks?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
So here we are: 2-2 in a series that should have easily have taken care of, right? Not scared of an 8-seed who didn't intentionally tank to face us because they match up well, right?

Anyways.... time to pull up your big boy pants, Raps.

If we can't win 2 out of 3 with two at home, we don't deserve to move on.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So here we are: 2-2 in a series that should have easily have taken care of, right? Not scared of an 8-seed who didn't intentionally tank to face us because they match up well, right?

Anyways.... time to pull up your big boy pants, Raps.

If we can't win 2 out of 3 with two at home, we don't deserve to move on.

I still don't believe they were intentionally trying to face us. Why would they? Why not face a depleted Boston squad? They wanted Cleveland in the second round? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad