Raptors Discussion: v72| ECQF | (1) Raptors vs (8) Wizards | Raptors win series 4-2 and advance to EC Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Damn, first Q was the difference. They beat us in all the other quarters. I'll take it, though. We wanted this team to play well in the clutch, and now they are starting to.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
good to see them get a W with the refs calling this game the way they did.

Its gonna be like that in the playoffs.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
I didn't get to watch, kept looking at the score on my phone. Amazing win to end the rockets streak. I think to beat a team like the rockets you pretty much need to build a big lead. Even that was almost not enough.

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
Forget America, I don't feel like the raps get the attention they deserve in the media of this city and this country. TSN has them on the front page for big things like this, but wins have been pushed off the headlines for dumb, redundant NHL stories.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Forget America, I don't feel like the raps get the attention they deserve in the media of this city and this country. TSN has them on the front page for big things like this, but wins have been pushed off the headlines for dumb, redundant NHL stories.

1000% agreed. While attention in the States would be nice, it would be even better if we got more attention in our own country. The coverage the Raps get is absolutely pathetic for an elite team.

I love the Leafs, but we don't need 300 redundant stories about them when the Raps are having such a terrific season. I mean, the Raptors barely get any coverage even relative to curling and I get curling is huge here, but damn put some respeck on the Raptors' name.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Great game but our wing/sf situation is a legit worry. I have no faith in Powell's ability to hit the open three. Sure, he hit a few in Detroit but some consistency and reliability is desperately needed to keep defenses from sagging on us. Add to that the fact that Harden abused him on the other end for most of the game and one could argue he was below replacement level today.

Hopefully OG can come back rested and get back to his shooting form from early in the year cause if not that puts a lot of pressure on Miles to be our primary three point threat.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Great game but our wing/sf situation is a legit worry. I have no faith in Powell's ability to hit the open three. Sure, he hit a few in Detroit but some consistency and reliability is desperately needed to keep defenses from sagging on us. Add to that the fact that Harden abused him on the other end for most of the game and one could argue he was below replacement level today.

Hopefully OG can come back rested and get back to his shooting form from early in the year cause if not that puts a lot of pressure on Miles to be our primary three point threat.
Honestly so true. Sad because I legitimately thought Powell was going to be a huge part of our success but he hasn't taken that step forward I expected. Really happy with the game yesterday though. We can definitely keep up and play with the big boys out west.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
What makes it so bizarre it the fact that they are the damn majority broadcaster for this team. The team is owned by their parent company. Same goes for Sportsnet. Do they not want hype?

That tells me where Raps stand.

There's a bunch of high-paid guys, whose bonuses depend on feeding the fans the stories the fans want to read. And they're choosing to favour Leafs over Raps by a wide margin. They're not doing it for fun or out of spite, it's how they make the most money.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

They thought Powell would be that guy.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
They thought Powell would be that guy.

I think most of us did. Few expected him to fall this hard. Maybe putting too much pressure on himself due to the contract. I wish we had been able to add insurance at the deadline or through waivers though but now we have to go with what we've got which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Realistically i could see us making a run to the finals and getting swept by GS. They're not even trying right now and have the same record as Houston.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Apparently the story a ing the rounds now is that the Warriors broadcast brushed off the Raptor win by calling this a "scheduled loss" for Houston because they were in their 3rd game in 4 days.

Never mind that so was Toronto or that the Rockets had won twice before during the streak on 3rd in 4.

Herpa derp derp :laugh:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Just thinking out loud here but what do you think it would cost to trade into the top 8-12 of the draft this June to take Mikal Bridges? The kid is exactly what we need at the three: long, active defender, and dead-end shooter from deep.

He reminds me of Shawn Marion except with a nice shooting stroke. It would probably cost us OG though I imagine so I doubt Masai would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->