Raptors Discussion: v68| Raptors acquire PF Ibaka for Ross, lesser of TOR/LAC 2017 1st round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I've seen people want Casey gone, but I've never seen people question Masai. Though, I haven't been as active in this thread this season

Yeah there's like maybe three people in here who have questioned Masai. An extreme minority.

This is a good trade - if you're not making a big move to go over the top (which based on what the ask was for Boston was clearly not going to happen for us), then go get a guy who you can throw on LeBron.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's up to Casey now to get a cohesive rotation going into the playoffs. The pieces are there.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Ibaka
Tucker

for

Ross
Sullinger
1st
2 2nds

Not a bad deadline :yo:

So basically Ross and a 1st for those two. The two 2nd's I couldn't care less about and Sullinger has been stuck on the bench due to injury collecting a pay cheque. Great deadline by Masai. Added key players to spots that we needed help with and we give up Ross and a late 1st basically. Well done

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Why has Masai been so unlucky in free agency? Sullinger got hurt then barely played. Carroll has been plagued by injuries and has been very meh.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Why has Masai been so unlucky in free agency? Sullinger got hurt then barely played. Carroll has been plagued by injuries and has been very meh.

I wouldn't call Carroll unlucky - he was hurt before he signed.

Sullinger was unlucky, but he was a one year shot just like Biyombo was last year - evens out. Also CoJo has been decent value.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
ESPN guys on twitter are loving this move. Everything is on Casey now. He has the pieces, he needs to find the right rotation in the playoffs. There is no complaining anymore about having the right guys. We may not have a legit superstar but when your GM goes out and gets you Ibaka and Tucker to your core already you better show some results. This is one of the better balanced teams now.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
ESPN guys on twitter are loving this move. Everything is on Casey now. He has the pieces, he needs to find the right rotation in the playoffs. There is no complaining anymore about having the right guys. We may not have a legit superstar but when your GM goes out and gets you Ibaka and Tucker to your core already you better show some results. This is one of the better balanced teams now.

I agree. No excuses for Casey now. He has what he needs.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Late game lineup of Lowry-DD-Tucker-Patterson-Ibaka against the Cavs is super enticing

(yes I know we need to get there first)

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I am just saying he has been amazing in trades but not in free agency. I am just wondering, why hasn't Casey played Sully much after he got back from injury?

Because he's been unfit and total trash since coming off injury tbh. I agree that Masai hasn't really been able to land a big name in FA but he has resigned our own stars which is a big deal for the franchise. I think its a matter of the market needing to continue its stay in relevancy but it also just may not be a strong suit for him when comparing to his ability to make trades.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Good move. Got him for free basically

Still can't compete with the Cavs and Warriors of the league but it's an improvement.

We need a George/Butler to even stand a chance against those superteams

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Good move. Got him for free basically

Still can't compete with the Cavs and Warriors of the league but it's an improvement.

We need a George/Butler to even stand a chance against those superteams

I dont buy your end part. We can certainly compete with Cavs. It gives us a chance to beat the Cavs, if anything we can beat them based on our depth.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

While this is great, you don't win a championship without a superstar

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
good deal for tucker. Probably would have had to stash those 2nd rounders in europe anyways.

I cant be the only who has no faith that Casey will maximize the potential of this roster, right? :laugh:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I just hope Ibaka can be that great interior defender. IIRC, his defensive stats this year aren't very good.

Still, very excited to see how this team does. They got the help they wanted, so no more excuses from here on out. They need to give Cleveland a legitimate challenge (and Boston too I guess).

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
not to be a debbie downer but whats the suddenly new expectations for this roster with a backup SF and a new PF who avgd 15 on a bad team? I know Ibaka is solid but im lost by what these two suddenly do to put us above Love/Irving/Lebron? cause ya..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad