Raptors Discussion: V62 0 Round 2 (Post Season Play Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I was reading elsewhere that this might have been the singer's practice run and not the "real" anthem rendition. That would be slightly different than him ******* around during the anthem proper.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I was reading elsewhere that this might have been the singer's practice run and not the "real" anthem rendition. That would be slightly different than him ******* around during the anthem proper.

Practice run? I've never heard of that or seen that in my life. Everyone else is lining up and standing up. Seems like an excuse.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Practice run? I've never heard of that or seen that in my life. Everyone else is lining up and standing up. Seems like an excuse.

The singers often come out ahead of game time, do a mic check, and run through the anthems as a practice/gear check. Not always, but I've seen it a fair bit if you show up well ahead of time to a game.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The singers often come out ahead of game time, do a mic check, and run through the anthems as a practice/gear check. Not always, but I've seen it a fair bit if you show up well ahead of time to a game.
I think this was the actual anthem. Sportsnet uploaded the broadcast feed:

Fake American Mark Jones is on Twitter saying Canadians are sensitive and have an inferiority complex for being upset with Wade.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Fake American Mark Jones is on Twitter saying Canadians are sensitive and have an inferiority complex for being upset with Wade.

Mark Jones, aka literally the Ted Cruz of broadcasting.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

because americans would be super cool with it with roles reversed.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Top comment on Reddit:

OFFICIAL RULES OF THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
H. PLAYER/TEAM CONDUCT AND DRESS
(2) Players, coaches and trainers are to stand and line up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Not only that, but Durant came out and said money isn't everything. He said it's nice to have a lot of money but chasing a title is what it's really about. The Raptors are as close to a team as it comes with the way we're built. Coming here is everything he wants, because he doesn't have to do it all with Lowry, JV, Carroll. And he can play for his fav. team he watched growing up, and rep for a whole country.

He'd thrive here.

Chasing a title, lol. Durant, Lowry, JV and a weak bench after clearing cap to get KD is not a contender. Not even close. The whole playing for an entire country narrative is so cheesy and not even remotely true. Otherwise we'd be seeing players flock here left and right. And we all know he meant that he was a VC fan growing up.

He's going to re-sign in OKC for a year so he and Westbrook can become FAs together in 2017 and get a bigger payday when the cap rises further.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
Top comment on Reddit:

OFFICIAL RULES OF THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
H. PLAYER/TEAM CONDUCT AND DRESS
(2) Players, coaches and trainers are to stand and line up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem.

What's going to happen:

Adam Silver will give him a small fine. Wade's PR guy will write an apology. This will be forgotten until Game 5 when Raptor fans mercilessly boo him. Unfortunately, the jeers motivate him to have the game of his life and steal the victory.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
What's going to happen:

Adam Silver will give him a small fine. Wade's PR guy will write an apology. This will be forgotten until Game 5 when Raptor fans mercilessly boo him. Unfortunately, the jeers motivate him to have the game of his life and steal the victory.

maybe if Wade was 3 yrs younger.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Chasing a title, lol. Durant, Lowry, JV and a weak bench after clearing cap to get KD is not a contender. Not even close. The whole playing for an entire country narrative is so cheesy and not even remotely true. Otherwise we'd be seeing players flock here left and right. And we all know he meant that he was a VC fan growing up.

He's going to re-sign in OKC for a year so he and Westbrook can become FAs together in 2017 and get a bigger payday when the cap rises further.
LOL. The Raptors are going to be those teams that just plateau. Otherwise, MLSE needs to be willing to play with the luxury tax, and acquire the necessary pieces.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Let's say he leaves, what is the Raptors plan going forward?

we have options, like was mentioned we have a top 10 pick in the draft, we also have Powell who has grown massively as a player over the year. DD is a regular season all-star, I wouldn't be comfortable shelling out the max for him. That turnaround fadeaway mid way through the 4th was bench worthy, completely un-called for and selfish.

For some reason DD pretends he's Kobe or something, takes these random stupid shots that have no chance of going in. Kobe doing it is one thing...DD doing it....give your head a shake bro.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
JV is such a stud. Complete tragedy that he went down with that sprain.

Was very impressed (and shocked) at how many touches they gave him early in the game. That's how this team should be run, through our big man.

DD sucked again but at least KL had a beast of a game. Looks like he perhaps has his swagger back.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
JV is such a stud. Complete tragedy that he went down with that sprain.

Was very impressed (and shocked) at how many touches they gave him early in the game. That's how this team should be run, through our big man.

DD sucked again but at least KL had a beast of a game. Looks like he perhaps has his swagger back.

I'm wondering what happened to JV...like this guy looks completely different than he did during the last part of the regular season. He has stepped up massively and if he gets this many touches next season he could become a top 2-3 C in the game. Would like him to work on his endurance and cardio in the summer. He was completely gassed at the free throw line late in game 2

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If they fine Wade and it becomes a big distraction for him having to field questions, I'll be content.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
we have options, like was mentioned we have a top 10 pick in the draft, we also have Powell who has grown massively as a player over the year. DD is a regular season all-star, I wouldn't be comfortable shelling out the max for him. That turnaround fadeaway mid way through the 4th was bench worthy, completely un-called for and selfish.

For some reason DD pretends he's Kobe or something, takes these random stupid shots that have no chance of going in. Kobe doing it is one thing...DD doing it....give your head a shake bro.

Not just the middle of the fourth quarter, he tried it in the final minute. That was absolutely terrible and could have cost them the game.

And still lost. That's more important than how many points Wade got last night.

...I mean I never said he beat them, but he was very instrumental in actually making this a game. Joe Johnson was terrible and Dragic/Richardson had zero answer for Lowry. George was able to go superhero seemingly every game but his team still lost.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

For me DD's shot selection is my biggest problem with him. He doesn't utilize his teammates and dribbles himself into a situation where he has to take a bad shot. I feel bad for the fans of whoever gives him a max deal because while DD plays like he's Kobe, he's far from Kobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->