Raptors Discussion: v52 | Yep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
JV and DeAndre would be a nightmare pairing. Neither can stretch the floor or have the handles to play the 4.

And last I checked, he was seeking a max deal from the Clippers (5 yrs/$100 million).

If JV was given more of a leash it could work. His first year and a half or so in the league JV was able to knock down that 15-18 foot jumper. He's no 3 point threat but it could work with the right coaching.

Also If he's asking for the max it's a different story, he isn't worth it but someone will most definitely pay a top 3 defensive big(IMO) in the game who is also an absolute savage on the glass some big time cash.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Wow, rumour say that the Heat's offer to DWade was a little less than 10 Million/year.....between that and Mike Miller, no wonder LeBron wanted to leave that organization.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Wow he had an 11 year career including an All-Star appearance and he still is low on funds and has to resort to this scummy behavior? What do these guys blow their money on?

hookers and blow. :sarcasm:

in all seriousness, go watch the ESPN 30 for 30 entry called "Broke"

Pro athletes get money at an age where most people still haven't learned to properly budget their income. And when you suddenly make millions of dollars, especially when you grew up with nothing and all this new money is a godsend, the apparent need to budget just flies out the window.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
CG1tnosUgAA2Bh2.jpg

Bucks new jersey's

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I like them. They're not ridiculous and garish, but they're also not annoyingly uber-throwback as if they were made in the 1950s. Modern and simple without being too simple/bland.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Aldridge would give us that go-to player this team needs.

Lowry
DeRozan
J. Johnson
Aldridge
Valanciunas

Vasquez
Ross
Lou
Patterson
Hansbrough

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Aldridge would give us that go-to player this team needs.

Lowry
DeRozan
J. Johnson
Aldridge
Valanciunas

Vasquez
Ross
Lou
Patterson
Hansbrough

Too bad they had him for free and they passed in favour of Pizza.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
I'm not in awe of his scoring totals considering he's taking a large amount of shots and his shooting % has been mediocre. But he's doing everything else at an insane level. Similar to how to Westbrook was playing this season.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Ya I can't say i'm particularly impressed by a guy racking up points shooting 12-33 every game... In fact he's only shot over 50% once all playoffs which is pretty bad. His overall play is what's carrying them though. He's getting at least 8 rebounds/5 assists every game with a bunch of double doubles

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
He's averaging 10.3 REBs, 8.7 ASTs, 1.8 STLs, 1.2 BLKs this postseason. He's arguably been better on the defensive end (half of his win shares come from defending).

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Raptors Announce Free Agent Mini-Camp Roster

http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-releases/freeagentcamp-061015

2015 FREE AGENT MINI-CAMP ROSTER

fa-minicamp-061015-3.gif

some interesting names on there.

DeAndre Daniels was the team's recent 2nd rounder, who the Raptors stashed in Australia for a year.

IIRC, the 1st name on the list, Ashaolu, was a big time prospect once upon a time before he ripped up his knee.

also I wonder if Tyrus Thomas is the same Tyrus Thomas that was a high 1st rounder way back in the mid 00s.

And no, Mike James is not that Mike James

Also I would want Thomas Scrubb to make it just for the jokes that would be possible :laugh:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Ya I can't say i'm particularly impressed by a guy racking up points shooting 12-33 every game... In fact he's only shot over 50% once all playoffs which is pretty bad. His overall play is what's carrying them though. He's getting at least 8 rebounds/5 assists every game with a bunch of double doubles

Not sure if you're even watching the games but there is so much more to what Lebron is doing that numbers can show. Zeroing in on his shooting % and calling it "pretty bad" is ... well ... pretty bad. The guy brings it up the floor himself and is by far the best offensive option which means his low % shots are nevertheless the best option for the team. And when guys do get open, he has been finding them, his passing has been sensational. If he had more help he would have to shoot much less and his % would be much better. His performance has been unreal. Watching him has been a treat and if he drags this team to victory it just might the greatest performance in NBA finals history.

Can't wait for tonight's game to start!!

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
some interesting names on there.

DeAndre Daniels was the team's recent 2nd rounder, who the Raptors stashed in Australia for a year.

IIRC, the 1st name on the list, Ashaolu, was a big time prospect once upon a time before he ripped up his knee.

also I wonder if Tyrus Thomas is the same Tyrus Thomas that was a high 1st rounder way back in the mid 00s.

And no, Mike James is not that Mike James

Also I would want Thomas Scrubb to make it just for the jokes that would be possible :laugh:

Pretty sure that TT went to LSU so I would assume they are one and the same.

I remember he was an absolute athletic monster coming out of school at the comine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad