Raptors Discussion: v52 | Yep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I think we need to move away from Amir, Lou, Ross and mitigate DD's chuck mentality by acquiring a superstar PF who forces the team to work inside.

Maybe not even a superstar PF but a really good one. Might be pretty unrealistic to get a superstar pf

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
I think we need to move away from Amir, Lou, Ross and mitigate DD's chuck mentality by acquiring a superstar PF who forces the team to work inside.

Maybe not even a superstar PF but a really good one. Might be pretty unrealistic to get a superstar pf

We have a big with a good and potential to be great offensive game but Casey refuses to use it.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
We have a big with a good and potential to be great offensive game but Casey refuses to use it.

Well from what i understand Val isnt a great defensive player. He shows great potential and is a solid rebound and offensive threat already but from what i understand he struggles when other teams go small

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Hopefully JJ gets at least to actually step on the court for a few seconds, and our guards can shoot at least 30%....

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
The league all together is going away from the post. There's very few teams who focus on the post, (POR, NO) not sure of other ones. Most teams need to focus on the ability to spread the floor and pass the ball.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The league all together is going away from the post. There's very few teams who focus on the post, (POR, NO) not sure of other ones. Most teams need to focus on the ability to spread the floor and pass the ball.

Low post teams seem pretty successful. Arent team moving away from post because of lack of talent at the C and PF positions.

I'd rather have more players that can work inside in high percentage areas or at least work off the dribble to get inside. I mean T.Ross has to be one of the most one dimensional offensive players in the league. Should of kept Novak if Ross is just going to hang out ouside the 3 point line:P

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Low post teams seem pretty successful. Arent team moving away from post because of lack of talent at the C and PF positions.

I'd rather have more players that can work inside in high percentage areas or at least work off the dribble to get inside. I mean T.Ross has to be one of the most one dimensional offensive players in the league. Should of kept Novak if Ross is just going to hang out ouside the 3 point line:P

That's the role T-Ross has been given though. Derozan and Lowry drive and you need that guy on the outside to spread the floor so they don't always get double teamed and teams clog the lane. It's the same reason teams have stopped going inside because of how much teams try to get to the high percentage areas.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand

I have a feeling that we go after Paul Millsap, I would love to bring in Greg Monroe tho. I would convery JV to PF and have Greg play C.
Though Millsap may be the better suited player for this team.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Raptors vs. Wizards Preview: Game 2

game2-web-playoffs.jpg

Game Day: Game 2, Raptors vs. Wizards

Holly MacKenzie - Raptors.com

The Toronto Raptors look to bounce back from an overtime Game 1 loss and even the series against the Washington Wizards. NOTE START TIME: 8 P.M. ET (TSN, NBA TV, TSN 1050)

Projected Starting Lineups:

Raptors: Kyle Lowry (G), DeMar DeRozan (G), Terrence Ross (F), Tyler Hansbrough (F), Jonas Valanciunas (C)
raptors_lowryhanscollage.jpg

Wizards: John Wall (G), Bradley Beal (G) Paul Pierce (F) Nene Hilario (F), Marcin Gortat (C)
wizards_collage_0.jpg

Game Notes

- Rebounding will be key in Game 2. Raptors head coach Dwane Casey was disappointed in his team’s effort on the boards in Saturday’s loss where the Wizards held a 14-rebound advantage, including a 19-10 edge on the offensive glass.

“It’s just all about effort and communication,†Patrick Patterson said. “Rather than trying to look at the basket when the shot is made, when the shot is taken, focus more on your man and him not getting it. Make sure you box out your man and make a conscious effort to make sure he doesn’t get it if you can’t get it.

- Kyle Lowry is due for a bounce-back game after fouling out in a 2-for-10 shooting performance in Game 1. Lowry wasn’t the only Raptors player to have a rough outing in their playoff opener. DeMar DeRozan, Lou Williams and Terrence Ross all struggled from the floor, but teammates are confident their shots will fall on Tuesday.

Patterson spoke about the poise shown by captains DeRozan and Lowry after a disappointing series opener:

“They still stay in the same mindset,†Patterson said. “They still stay in the same frame. They don't try to go outside of their comfortability or just outside of themselves. They stick to the same regime, whether it’s coming in late at night, coming in at the morning or whether it’s staying after practice. They don't try to do anything extra. They just stick to that same routine. They’re still focused. They’re not discouraged, they’re not down on themselves. They’re just even more hungry.â€

- James Johnson received a DNP-CD in Game 1, but he’s okay with it. Fans who wanted to see him in action on Saturday tried to make their voices heard, chanting Johnson’s name. Johnson appreciated the vote of confidence, but wanted the focus to remain on the five players on court.

“I love our fans,†Johnson said. “It gave me a warm spot in my heart. I got the chills a little bit. At the same time, I don’t want that to affect guys on our bench or guys that are playing in the game, distracting them from what they’re doing out there. It’s nice of them to do that. I really appreciate it. But, cheer for the Raptors.â€

Dwane Casey said after Game 1 that there would be a role for Johnson as this series moves forward. Johnson was asked whether he was thinking about the impact he could make if he had been put into the game when Paul Pierce was starting to heat up.

“Nah,†Johnson said. “I’m over here thinking that we’re still going to win this game. That never crossed my mind. I trust DeMar DeRozan. I trust Pat Patterson. I trust Tyler Hansbrough. Paul Pierce has been here a lot of times. He’s been here before. There’s nobody saying that if I would have got in I would have stopped him from going for 7-for-10.â€

- After opening the playoffs with a 12:30 P.M. ET tip on Saturday, the Raptors are glad to get back to evening basketball with Tuesday’s 8 P.M tip. Players were quick to say the early start wasn’t an excuse for their performance in Game 1 — Patterson even pointed out that the team got off to a strong start and led after the first quarter — but they welcome the later start and the opportunity to get back to a traditional game-day routine.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
I would convery JV to PF

That would be a nightmare. He has next to no ball handling skills outside of the paint. He will keep resorting to those those terrible, needless pump fakes.

I don't think Monroe would be a good fit at all. JV needs a true stretch 4, much like Drummond does in Detroit. Milsap is a great suggestion.

mikebel111*

Lets have a bouneback boys
And hey Dwayne, please please play JJ:rant:

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
That's the role T-Ross has been given though. Derozan and Lowry drive and you need that guy on the outside to spread the floor so they don't always get double teamed and teams clog the lane. It's the same reason teams have stopped going inside because of how much teams try to get to the high percentage areas.

Well making his shots would be a good start. Hard to be successful when you drive and kick out to Ross and all he does is miss..it helps no one, so what's the point in spreading the floor when the guy who you rely on to hit shots sucks. They need to play JJ tonight and they need to focus on getting the ball inside.

mikebel111*

Well making his shots would be a good start. Hard to be successful when you drive and kick out to Ross and all he does is miss..it helps no one, so what's the point in spreading the floor when the guy who you rely on to hit shots sucks. They need to play JJ tonight and they need to focus on getting the ball inside.

In the 4th we were seeing Ross only out there in defensive situations. Keep him on a short leash with his shot, If he hits them than good for us. If he doesn't, than D only player

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I thought Ross was fine last game. Pretty much the only guy on the floor who could contain Wall.

That being said, they need to utilize Jonas a lot more tonight. And I fully expect a Demar bounceback game

mikebel111*

I thought Ross was fine last game. Pretty much the only guy on the floor who could contain Wall.

That being said, they need to utilize Jonas a lot more tonight. And I fully expect a Demar bounceback game

his D was fine, but we really need him to hit the shots he is supposed too. Would make it much better for the team though you can say that About Lowry as well I guess

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Raptors shot like 27% on uncontested shots was definitely a horrible team effort.

If Ross can shut down Wall can definitely live with the mild black hole on offense from him, just need Lowry/DeRozan to not be scrubs.

Also if that happens, I am 100% fine with no JJ again.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Casey on starting Game 2: "The key is coming out with a 2x4 on your shoulder and ready to hit first in all areas." ok duane

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
If we rebound and shoot well from the perimeter we have this game, though you could say that about most games the Raps play. I'm interested to see Casey's adjustments from Game 1, if he makes any at all.

Lowry needs to start being this team's best player again.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
If we rebound and shoot well from the perimeter we have this game, though you could say that about most games the Raps play. I'm interested to see Casey's adjustments from Game 1, if he makes any at all.

Lowry needs to start being this team's best player again.

Casey's adjustments? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->