Raptors Discussion: v51 | Wizards up 1-0 | ECQF Game 2 vs Wizards: Tues, April 21st @ 8:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
How many times was Lowry in foul trouble this season? We see this every playoff appearance for the Raptors, they get jobbed by the NBA's arbitrary officiating.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
This team is not ready to contend. Lowry and derozan shoot too much with no good percentages !! I hate the fact that this organization still hasn't evolved from the jump shooting mentality

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
What's frustrating is that, ironically, our kryptonite is exactly what we need to round out this team. This squad desperately needs someone like Paul Pierce who A) has been in every situation a guy can encounter in the NBA and B) always shows up when it counts. This is the second straight season this core has shown they can't get up for big games and a lot of that seems to be their mental strength. The only reason this game was even tight tonight was because the bench went crazy in the 4th and honestly, Washington didn't play well either.

Onto Casey, who just got outcoached by one of the jokes of the NBA in Randy Wittman. Wizards fans hate him, Wizards writers think he's long past his expiration, and he just made our head coach look like a fool! I'm so glad Pierce was Washington's leader scorer while we benched our JJ so Ross could shoot ****ing 27% from the field! I'm soooo glad we continually got murdered on the boards late while JV rotted on the bench. I'm sooooooooooo glad that our only real success barring the last 4 minutes of the 4th came from penetration and points in the paint while our guards had a ****ing chuckfest from range. Seriously, look at these splits:

Lou: 4-16, 2-8 from 3.
DD: 6-20, 0-1 from 3.
Lowry: 2-10, 0-4 from 3.
Ross: 3-11, 0-6 from 3.

I guess Casey's only gameplan on offense was to rain 3s and pray to the basketball gods that they dropped. Meanwhile our bigs are killing themselves for limited looks and producing, but why would we ever give them the ball?

Amir: 8-12 (mostly PnR action).
JV: 3-7 (almost entirely putbacks).
PP: 4-8

That's right, our stretch 4, a position Washington routinely struggles guarding (they touched on this on ESPN several times), got 2 damn looks in the second half after being our leading scorer in the opening 24 minutes. I'd like to say Washington outplayed us but realistically, we beat ourselves.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
We have horrible execution. Unless our game plan is to chuck. Like early 1st we were good because we were attacking. Then we get shoot happy and lose our focus. It's a coaches job to settle them Down and keep them focused on the game plan. Only thing I can think of is offensively there is no game plan. We let them dictate match ups way too much. If they go small. Bring in JV or Hansbrough in. Get out rebounded??? Keep JV and Hansbrough on the bench.

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
this loss is on Drake and his selfish pursuit of his career goals and not a win for the Raptors. It is time to dump Drake and appoint TPB Rickey as our ambassador. He would take no guff from Paul Pierce.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
What's frustrating is that, ironically, our kryptonite is exactly what we need to round out this team. This squad desperately needs someone like Paul Pierce who A) has been in every situation a guy can encounter in the NBA and B) always shows up when it counts. This is the second straight season this core has shown they can't get up for big games and a lot of that seems to be their mental strength. The only reason this game was even tight tonight was because the bench went crazy in the 4th and honestly, Washington didn't play well either.

Onto Casey, who just got outcoached by one of the jokes of the NBA in Randy Wittman. Wizards fans hate him, Wizards writers think he's long past his expiration, and he just made our head coach look like a fool! I'm so glad Pierce was Washington's leader scorer while we benched our JJ so Ross could shoot ****ing 27% from the field! I'm soooo glad we continually got murdered on the boards late while JV rotted on the bench. I'm sooooooooooo glad that our only real success barring the last 4 minutes of the 4th came from penetration and points in the paint while our guards had a ****ing chuckfest from range. Seriously, look at these splits:

Lou: 4-16, 2-8 from 3.
DD: 6-20, 0-1 from 3.
Lowry: 2-10, 0-4 from 3.
Ross: 3-11, 0-6 from 3.

I guess Casey's only gameplan on offense was to rain 3s and pray to the basketball gods that they dropped. Meanwhile our bigs are killing themselves for limited looks and producing, but why would we ever give them the ball?

Amir: 8-12 (mostly PnR action).
JV: 3-7 (almost entirely putbacks).
PP: 4-8

That's right, our stretch 4, a position Washington routinely struggles guarding (they touched on this on ESPN several times), got 2 damn looks in the second half after being our leading scorer in the opening 24 minutes. I'd like to say Washington outplayed us but realistically, we beat ourselves.

I pretty much just said all of this to my friend. We got out coached by a horrible coach. JJ on the bench is a joke. People think he's just defense. He attacks and dishes it real well. He's goooood. He's someone 9n the floor that thinks attack. Rather than giving Lou Ross and Lowry free range to shoo as many 3s as you want.
DeMar was good early. But then he just started mid range jumpers. ATTACKKKKKKKK THERE RIMMMMM

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
All in all I can't stand the way this team is coached, and no I'm not making excuses, we played like **** and we deserved to lose. But Dwane Casey....he makes some mind boggling decisions. I don't see how he is back next year if we get eliminated by Washington. He's not coaching to the team's strength. How does JJ not get a single minute in this game?

Shwaguy*

You can tell who's a basketball fan and who's a Raptors fan ITT. Game 1 went to OT and the series is a wrap? **** off. You think the things we do "******" is just us? No every single ****ing team does ****** things. Because it's ****ing hard to execute perfectly.

The series is over my ass.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
All in all I can't stand the way this team is coached, and no I'm not making excuses, we played like **** and we deserved to lose. But Dwane Casey....he makes some mind boggling decisions. I don't see how he is back next year if we get eliminated by Washington. He's not coaching to the team's strength. How does JJ not get a single minute in this game?

It had me puzzled especially when pierce had like 12 in the 2nd.
Also we have JV like 2 looks early. He missed. So we just go back to allowing our guards to shoot everything. They mid over and over and it's fine just keep shooting. But they never once went back to JV. Hansbrough was boxing out well in first quarter. He keeps him out rest of game. They go small. We go small. I want a coach who isn't afraid to keep a big man in when teams go small. JV would have wrecked anyone in that 2nd and 3rd when they went small.
Nope just jeep chucking up shots

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
You can tell who's a basketball fan and who's a Raptors fan ITT. Game 1 went to OT and the series is a wrap? **** off. You think the things we do "******" is just us? No every single ****ing team does ****** things. Because it's ****ing hard to execute perfectly.

I think it's far from over. But as a fan I'm also allowed to scratch my head over some of the execution and line up decisions.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

yeah rebounding killed us man o man did it ever, Amir!! just standing around looking lost in Ot, nobody helping on the weak side...fml! but really....Casey is an idiot. Plain and simple, he got out coached again in a playoff game. You tell me! how does Casey not do a damn thing when Washington goes small and uses Pierce at the 4 and just lights us up! You don't think JJ would've helped there??? JJ has size and quickness over Pierce...Casey just standing around looking like an ass while Whittman is killing him strategically on the other side. Casey is a flat out terrible coach

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON

You sound like the angry one lol.
I know we did a lot of good. And yes thanks tips, I realize all teams have issues. It's how they're handled. I'm allowed to be confused about Casey's coaching decisions.

mikebel111*

Like I said before on this board
Dont take my opinion seriously after a loss
Just a little emotional
Still a frustrating game as we threw it away
If we were even average in rebounding, we win

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Raps need a star PF/C to make up for the missed perimeter shots

Does this make sense.

I dont even think big V and Johnson are bad. Just need a really good player at one of those positions to balance out the offense, defend and catch rebounds. Ideally an upgrade on Johnson given his contract, age and recent health

Last edited:

Shwaguy*

You sound like the angry one lol.
I know we did a lot of good. And yes thanks tips, I realize all teams have issues. It's how they're handled. I'm allowed to be confused about Casey's coaching decisions.

I'm mad but I'm not irrational. I'm confused about Casey's coaching decisions too (Luckily Game-to-Game adjustments he's a lot better at compared to in-game).

But saying this series is over after a game 1 OT game is ********.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
I'm mad but I'm not irrational. I'm confused about Casey's coaching decisions too (Luckily Game-to-Game adjustments he's a lot better at compared to in-game).

But saying this series is over after a game 1 OT game is ********.

Good thing I didn't say that. We are bound to hit more shots next game. But so is Beal and wall.
I still think we win the series. We looked bad and somehow had a chance to win. We can be much better.
But holy that OT officiating was frustrating.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This series is far from over but damn, not the game 1 I expected from this team.

Up until the 4th the Raps were not hitting shots, tons more basketball to be played.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Lol Raps lose one game and the sky is falling. It was pretty good that they actually came back from being down 15 late and had Lowry fouling out too.. They just blew it in OT. Raps still got this. Wiz are overrated.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
looked bad, but honestly it was an afternoon game first of all, where I find we always look off in afternoon games(played poorly in last years game 7 afternoon game as well).

came out cold, started picking it up at the end. Washington deserved the win but overall we played great defence, just couldnt get the easy shots to fall.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
yeah rebounding killed us man o man did it ever, Amir!! just standing around looking lost in Ot, nobody helping on the weak side...fml! but really....Casey is an idiot. Plain and simple, he got out coached again in a playoff game. You tell me! how does Casey not do a damn thing when Washington goes small and uses Pierce at the 4 and just lights us up! You don't think JJ would've helped there??? JJ has size and quickness over Pierce...Casey just standing around looking like an ass while Whittman is killing him strategically on the other side. Casey is a flat out terrible coach

Rebounds have killed ALL SEASON. Cant believe MU didnt do anything to address it.

JJ needs to obviously be used, but Casey has his ass benched for some reason.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
Lol Raps lose one game and the sky is falling. It was pretty good that they actually came back from being down 15 late and had Lowry fouling out too.. They just blew it in OT. Raps still got this. Wiz are overrated.

People angry about execution and line ups etc doesn't mean sky is falling.
We should bounce back and hit some shots next game. I just get angry at some of the decisions by Casey were iffy

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Even if this team wins the series i kinda doubt Ross and Johnson will be here next season. Lou probably wont be either

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
People angry about execution and line ups etc doesn't mean sky is falling.
We should bounce back and hit some shots next game. I just get angry at some of the decisions by Casey were iffy

Yeah, the sky is far from falling. Missed a lot of shots that we should have made. Still got the game to OT.

If Ross isnt hitting his shots, Casey has to realize it'd be better to bring in JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->