Raptors Discussion: v50|#WeTheNorth| Lowry can dunk! Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I was at the game, crowd was rocking with so many Raps fans. The arena DJ or whoever kept playing loud music on purpose to drown them out ... when Detroit had the ball they didnt play any loud noises so the crowd would just chant DEFENCE :laugh:

I can think of 100 reasons why the Raps lost

1) All the open 3-pointers they allowed. Went to the game with my buddy who doesn't even watch basketball and he was even asking about why they keep leaving the same guy open. Tolliver must have hit like 3-4 3's from the same spot ... We allowed 37 points in the 1st quarter because of all the open 3's we gave them. Make a ****ing adjustment on D ... smh Casey

2) Some sketchy officiating, there were a few times where Lou and Derozan got fouled but no call. Then they award Drummond a clear path wtf?

3) Reggie Jackson, all night this guy was carving the Raps defence. He must have had 10 different layups where he just drove past our guy with a clear lane to the net. You would think once they would knock him down on his ass to deter him from doing it again

4) Grievis Vasquez made some pretty boneheaded plays

They also ran this Reggie Jackson/Drummond pick and roll like 3 plays in a row and it worked every time. Raptors defensive adjustments were just horrible all throughout the game

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I was at the game, crowd was rocking with so many Raps fans. The arena DJ or whoever kept playing loud music on purpose to drown them out ... when Detroit had the ball they didnt play any loud noises so the crowd would just chant DEFENCE :laugh:

I can think of 100 reasons why the Raps lost

1) All the open 3-pointers they allowed. Went to the game with my buddy who doesn't even watch basketball and he was even asking about why they keep leaving the same guy open. Tolliver must have hit like 3-4 3's from the same spot ... We allowed 37 points in the 1st quarter because of all the open 3's we gave them. Make a ****ing adjustment on D ... smh Casey

2) Some sketchy officiating, there were a few times where Lou and Derozan got fouled but no call. Then they award Drummond a clear path wtf?

3) Reggie Jackson, all night this guy was carving the Raps defence. He must have had 10 different layups where he just drove past our guy with a clear lane to the net. You would think once they would knock him down on his ass to deter him from doing it again

4) Grievis Vasquez made some pretty boneheaded plays

They also ran this Reggie Jackson/Drummond pick and roll like 3 plays in a row and it worked every time. Raptors defensive adjustments were just horrible all throughout the game

All I have to say is Casey makes some strange calls. Some games he uses JJ, some games he just completely ignores him, same with Hansbrough...will have a great game one night but then get stuck to the bench the next. I get match-ups and wanting to tighten up the rotation. But I just find it a complete waste for a skilled big man like JJ to not get any type of minutes against Detroit. It doesn't make sense to me. Also can someone tell me why Ross wasn't on the floor late in the game to replace GV? Ross has way better D skills and quickness than GV does. This team struggles at times due to being lazy and taking plays off and not being completely into defending but it also has a part in the rotation and who's playing when and on what nights. It's a mess. Casey needs to have way better consistency with this roster, he's all over the map. Inconsistency with the coach will ultimately trickle down to the team and it's showing. Another problem I had last night was...not calling a TO with the ball and a chance to win, Casey just lets the clock drain and allow Lou to basically chuck a hail mary up for the win..Like come on! coach the team! make a play up, they had a 20 second time out remaining and you don't call one for that? Just mind boggling. I would've easily called a time out to gather the troops up and get on the same page. That's a terrible decision by Lou.

Last edited:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Despite Calderon not being better to begin with, how would he help since he is injured?

Both are complete garbage defensively, but Jose would be a better fit with his passing and IQ. Much rather have him than a shoot first guy like Vasquez.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
But can Calderon recruit KD?

What are our chances of getting KD anyways? Sure, we'll be swimming in cap space, and sure, he was a Raptor fan growing up, and SURE, we have his good friend Vasquez right now, and okay, we have Drake too. Still, putting all your eggs in the KD basket is really dangerous and can backfire big time in the (likely) scenario we don't get him.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
What are our chances of getting KD anyways? Sure, we'll be swimming in cap space, and sure, he was a Raptor fan growing up, and SURE, we have his good friend Vasquez right now, and okay, we have Drake too. Still, putting all your eggs in the KD basket is really dangerous and can backfire big time in the (likely) scenario we don't get him.

gR3b.gif

(I wasn't really being serious, but nevertheless Calderon has broken down considerably)

mikebel111*

All I have to say is Casey makes some strange calls. Some games he uses JJ, some games he just completely ignores him, same with Hansbrough...will have a great game one night but then get stuck to the bench the next. I get match-ups and wanting to tighten up the rotation. But I just find it a complete waste for a skilled big man like JJ to not get any type of minutes against Detroit. It doesn't make sense to me. Also can someone tell me why Ross wasn't on the floor late in the game to replace GV? Ross has way better D skills and quickness than GV does. This team struggles at times due to being lazy and taking plays off and not being completely into defending but it also has a part in the rotation and who's playing when and on what nights. It's a mess. Casey needs to have way better consistency with this roster, he's all over the map. Inconsistency with the coach will ultimately trickle down to the team and it's showing. Another problem I had last night was...not calling a TO with the ball and a chance to win, Casey just lets the clock drain and allow Lou to basically chuck a hail mary up for the win..Like come on! coach the team! make a play up, they had a 20 second time out remaining and you don't call one for that? Just mind boggling. I would've easily called a time out to gather the troops up and get on the same page. That's a terrible decision by Lou.

Well Ross has been terrible on D this year so maybe he doesnt trust Ross in that situation at the moment.
With that being said, very limited minutes for JJ is getting annoying. DC says we need to be better defensively, so yeah he sits our best defender. Only makes sense right?

I dont even know what to say on that Lou shot:help:

mikebel111*

Despite what is happening, I still believe this team will step up their game in the playoffs.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
A bit OT, but I picked up Rudy Gobert in fantasy on a hunch after Kanter was traded to OKC and he has been absolutely amazing since becoming the starter in Utah. Dear god.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011

Fields goes to his church too.

KD2016TO is confirmed.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
A bit OT, but I picked up Rudy Gobert in fantasy on a hunch after Kanter was traded to OKC and he has been absolutely amazing since becoming the starter in Utah. Dear god.

He was actually really good off the bench too. Jack has become a fantasy option too despite being put back on the bench since DWill came back. He contributes to three categories consistently, is pretty efficient, and gets steals every now and then. Even with Lowry being dead I'm tied with the best team in my league (like 5 steals behind him to pull off the upset) due to the guys that can contribute all around.

Lowry (dead), Dragic, Jackson, Jack
Danny Green
Parsons, Ariza, Carroll
AD, Favors
JV, Gobert, Dieng

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Game Day: Raptors vs. Bulls

AIR CANADA CENTRE

TIPOFF: 7 p.m.

TV: TSN

RADIO: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

jj_bulls751.jpg

1619402_10152758197671769_4184093303639520451_n.jpg

Jay Satur - Raptors.com

It's back to the drawing board for the Raptors, who to regain the third seed in the Eastern Conference when they face the Chicago Bulls in a pivotal battle at Air Canada Centre tonight.NOTE THE EARLY START TIME FOR THIS ONE (7:00 PM ET, TSN, ESPN, TSN1050)

Projected Starting Lineups

Raptors: Greivis Vasquez (G), DeMar DeRozan (G), Terrence Ross (F), Amir Johnson (F), Jonas Valanciunas (C)
gv_starterscollage_0.jpg

Bulls: Aaron Brooks (G), Jimmy Butler (G), Mike Dunleavy (F), Taj Gibson (F), Pau Gasol (C)
bulls_2collage.jpg

Injury/Roster Report

Raptors: Kyle Lowry - back spasms (questionable), Lucas Nogueira - on assignment with NBA Development League

Bulls: Derrick Rose - right knee (out)

NEED TO KNOW

While Derrick Rose remains sidelined with a torn knee ligament, fellow Bulls guard Jimmy Butler, who was an all-star selection this year, is back in the rotation for Chicago. He’ll join Pau Gasol, who has been one of the Bulls to step up in the absence of Rose, Butler and — for 10 games — Taj Gibson. Gasol is averaging 18 points and 11 rebounds per game and leads the NBA with 46 double-doubles this season.

Last edited:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Nationally televised game. Anyways, a win here without Lowry would be a monumental turning point. That said, expecting us to get destroyed.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Raptors PG Lowry out indefinitely

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-pg-lowry-out-indefinitely-1.239945

Kyle Lowry has no timetable for a return after re-injuring his back.

The Raptors point guard is out indefinitely due to his back “twisted the wrong way” in the Toronto Raptors 109-104 loss to the Detroit Pistons Tuesday night.

Lowry had missed the Raptors previous two games after initially suffering the injury against the Minnesota Timberwolves. His return to the lineup lasted just 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad