Raptors Discussion: v49|#WeTheNorth| Lowry voted to start for the East in the All-Star Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Not sure Lowry is the kind of player that was made for the all-star game.

Btw, I am not saying he shouldn't be there just that he doesn't really scream highlight reel in this kind of sense. His plays are usually made from hard work and are highlight reels because of the speed of the play.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
NBA ASG is boring as ****. These gypsies need to start playing defence then maybe it will be worth watching.
They need to make an incentive like the MLB does where the winner gets home court advantage in the NBA finals

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
NBA ASG is boring as ****. These gypsies need to start playing defence then maybe it will be worth watching.
They need to make an incentive like the MLB does where the winner gets home court advantage in the NBA finals

a) That won't happen because it's stupid and people hate it. People already hate the fact that the MLB all-star game "counts" and negates actual work put in by actual teams to secure home-field advantage.

and

b) the reason teh MLB all-star game looks better is that there's less room for lackadaisical play in baseball than in the other sports. Short of pitchers throwing BP fastballls right down the middle of the plate and batters teeing off, the only thing that you can really strip from a baseball ASG that you'd get in regular baseball is spectacular diving/leaping highlight defensive plays (and those still do happen). Pitchers can't half-ass it unless they want to get lit up and get no outs. Batters can't half-ass it or show off/lollygag unless they don't mind striking out all the time and turning the game in to a 0-0 contest. There's no real room for playing the game in 1st gear like there is in an NHL, NBA, or NFL all-star game.

mikebel111*

One handed put back slam by Lowry! I knew he could do it
Look at the bench reaction:laugh:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I must have missed when Irving got voted a starter to be out there at the end with the other 4 starters.....

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Knicks are on the verge of buying out Amare.

Took them long enough.

And before anyone suggests it, I wouldn't go anywhere near him for the Raptors. If we want another big, we want a defensive presence. Amare wasn't a great defender even at his best. Now with crumbling knees and waning athleticism he's practically totally ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->