Raptors Discussion: v49|#WeTheNorth| Lowry voted to start for the East in the All-Star Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Rumour fill has Kenneth Faried coming to the Raps for Ross, Stiemsma and a 1st (perhaps with another expiring contract going the other way).

The MANIMAL in TO would instantly elevate this franchise.

Faried is terrible defensively. With how rim protecting-conscious JV is and rebound conscious Faried is, that's a combo begging to get abused on the pick and pop.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Yeah I don't think you need Faried.

A backup 5 and a guy better than T-Ross at the 3 is pretty much it. That Hickson/Chandler rumour isn't terrible although I'm not huge on Hickson.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Wouldn't mind Chandler. He's a good rebounder at the 3. But if we're trading T-Ross, I want a guy who's very good defensively. Take some of the burden off DD in the starting line-up.

Shwaguy*

Wouldn't mind Chandler. He's a good rebounder at the 3. But if we're trading T-Ross, I want a guy who's very good defensively. Take some of the burden off DD in the starting line-up.

Chandler isn't that bad of a Defender, he'd be capable of taking the best Perimeter guy on the other team when JJ isn't on (Not that DeMar can't)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So Steph Curry misses Maynard's candy from his time growing up in Toronto while Dell was with the Raptors.

His contract is up in 2 seasons. Maybe Maynard's could be convinced to offer him a sweet endorsement deal by then? :sarcasm:

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
So Steph Curry misses Maynard's candy from his time growing up in Toronto while Dell was with the Raptors.

His contract is up in 2 seasons. Maybe Maynard's could be convinced to offer him a sweet endorsement deal by then? :sarcasm:

:laugh:

Keep dreaming Nem.

KD on the other hand...

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
lol Lowry destroyed him. First through the pylons, hit the pass first try and the 3 first try

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
lol Lowry destroyed him. First through the pylons, hit the pass first try and the 3 first try

It was funny because he was laughing and goofing around before the start, then as soon as the start buzzer went he switched into business mode and pretty much just put the hammer down. Not to say the other guys weren't trying but they definitely looked like they were maybe styling it a little bit or coasting. Not Lowry though.

and now Ernie Johnson called Lowry "Trey Burke" :laugh:

EDIT: Damn, I jinxed it. I thought Lowry might catch up since Knight is an iffy shooter. guess not.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Except that they presumably wanted a local team player and the rest of the Nets are brittle, old, and terrible, I don't get why Mason Plumlee is there. Lanky guys who check in around 7 feet suck in dunk contests don't look impressive because they don't have to cover as much air between liftoff and dunk.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is it just me or does Dr. J seem kind of out of it? Like he's either not paying attention at all or he can't pay attention for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->