Raptors Discussion: v48|#WeTheNorth| Keep on keepin' on -or- No DeMar, no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
MCW should turn into a elite player.

I think that's a bit extreme. I like him, but he definitely has some kinks in this game. Plus, we're in a golden generation of PG's with Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Wall, Lowry, Rondo, Parker, Conley, Rose, Lillard, etc. Hard to see him above most of those guys.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Anybody else getting tired of Devlin blurting out random city names after every three-pointer made

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I think that's a bit extreme. I like him, but he definitely has some kinks in this game. Plus, we're in a golden generation of PG's with Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Wall, Lowry, Rondo, Parker, Conley, Rose, Lillard, etc. Hard to see him above most of those guys.

MCW age 23
Lillard age 24
Westbrook age 26
Lowry age 28
Conley age 27
Rose age 26
Parker age 32

You get the point. MCW has enormous talent and is a little work on his shot away from being frigging good. He's also playing on a historically bad team with little help and teams can just zone in on him defensively. He's certainly a level above Brandon Jennings and on any night can absolutely take over games.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand

If he can stay healthy and they give him some help it's not that hard. Size, speed and offensive instinct are all well above average.

The only elite PG's I see on that list are:

Paul, Westbrook, and Rose. Lillard is knocking on the door, and Wall has made some big strides this season. Rondo's shot holds him back, Parker is an all-star type pg nor elite imo, Lowry has turned into an all-star pg.

The problem with MCW is he's injury prone, but when the guy is healthy and is on there is not realy any stopping him. Problem is he's hurt a lot and he has no help to relive some of the offensive burden.

I think in a situation like Lillard, or Westbrook even Rose, you would really see a guy like MCW shine, he's a match up nightmare for any coach.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If he can stay healthy and they give him some help it's not that hard. Size, speed and offensive instinct are all well above average.

The only elite PG's I see on that list are:

Paul, Westbrook, and Rose. Lillard is knocking on the door, and Wall has made some big strides this season. Rondo's shot holds him back, Parker is an all-star type pg nor elite imo, Lowry has turned into an all-star pg.

The problem with MCW is he's injury prone, but when the guy is healthy and is on there is not realy any stopping him. Problem is he's hurt a lot and he has no help to relive some of the offensive burden.

I think in a situation like Lillard, or Westbrook even Rose, you would really see a guy like MCW shine, he's a match up nightmare for any coach.

Rose, no. Not right now at least. He has elite talent but his play is far from his MVP year. Paul, Westbrook, and Curry are the top 3 PGs in some sort of order. Now Lowry became an all-star level PG last year, but saying that he hasn't entered the elite category, or even knocking on the door like Lillard or Wall, isn't really fair to him. Lowry is arguably a top 10 player in the league so far this season. The fact that he can even be a top 10 player and still fall behind three other PGs shows how deep the position is right now.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
a9H3z1d.gif

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Unless all his time on the sixers turns him into a conscience-free chucker.

Pretty much. He's a huge chucker. Could be the team but I'd still rather see him use his team better. He can rebound with his length, and he's got decent play-making skills. Not as athletic as John Wall but can get to the net pretty decent. His defense leaves a lot to be desired considering he's usually guarding smaller / less lanky guys, and again, he's a chucker.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Pretty much. He's a huge chucker. Could be the team but I'd still rather see him use his team better. He can rebound with his length, and he's got decent play-making skills. Not as athletic as John Wall but can get to the net pretty decent. His defense leaves a lot to be desired considering he's usually guarding smaller / less lanky guys, and again, he's a chucker.

His team is full of scrubs.

It doesnt matter if Steve Nash in his prime was playing PG for that team, he'd still have tons of trouble making those guys look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->