Raptors Discussion: V44| #WeTheNorth | Winning early-season games? Blasphemy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
We're a more prototypical DeDozan game away from having this be tied or a Raptors lead. DeMar has to recognize when he doesn't have it and dial back his willingness to fire away.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Johnson shouldn't have been shooting that. Had the wrong guy rotate over behind Demar to take the hand-off. Hell, I would've preferred even tonight's bricky DeMar take that shot over JJ.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Johnson shouldn't have been shooting that. Had the wrong guy rotate over behind Demar to take the hand-off. Hell, I would've preferred even tonight's bricky DeMar take that shot over JJ.

Hell no to brick DeMar. I'd even have Chuck Hayes take that 3 instead of DeMar tonight.

Jaysfanatic*

Maybe the biggest win out of this is that D-Rose got hurt again.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I love watching Gasol's post game. Guys don't play that kind of game anymore. More and more teams are (perhaps due to lack of legitimate post player options out there) moving more toward a floor-spacing 4 mould where your PF is there to rebound and camp out from 20+ feet. It's refreshing to see a guy that backs you down and then curls around for the hook, or freezes you on a turn and hits a step-back or fadeaway.

:laugh: Maybe I just like the old-man post game because that's how I always played because I was a mediocre athlete.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
oh well. nice push at the end and we were beat by the bulls. not so bad. We were beat by Gasol. We have to answer for him. Val has no offensive flair at all and his defense is suspect also. oh well. nice game at the end. The 3rd period was disasterous.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I love watching Gasol's post game. Guys don't play that kind of game anymore. More and more teams are (perhaps due to lack of legitimate post player options out there) moving more toward a floor-spacing 4 mould where your PF is there to rebound and camp out from 20+ feet. It's refreshing to see a guy that backs you down and then curls around for the hook, or freezes you on a turn and hits a step-back or fadeaway.

:laugh: Maybe I just like the old-man post game because that's how I always played because I was a mediocre athlete.

He's like a Magic Johnson lite. I wish we had him. We'd be legit.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He's like a Magic Johnson lite. I wish we had him. We'd be legit.

It's different than Magic because Magic had that in his arsenal but it wasn't his primary mode of attack. You just don't see guards and wing guys with post games. Jalen Rose was a guy that did that same thing and could back down his man and then footwork them to death and it was unusual out of a sub-6'10 wing player.

Gasol more feels like an old-school 70s/80s big man who has just a bit more new-school face-up game available to him. He's kind of like a hybrid-ish Kevin McHale.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Lowry and DeRozan were sub par tonight, and that was the difference in the game.

A healthy Bulls squad is probably the best team in the East, but Rose is still fragile.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
It's different than Magic because Magic had that in his arsenal but it wasn't his primary mode of attack. You just don't see guards and wing guys with post games. Jalen Rose was a guy that did that same thing and could back down his man and then footwork them to death and it was unusual out of a sub-6'10 wing player.

Gasol more feels like an old-school 70s/80s big man who has just a bit more new-school face-up game available to him. He's kind of like a hybrid-ish Kevin McHale.

I love it. So hard to guard. you need a great defender to stop that kind of attack. You're right he's old school, he was killing val with the sky hook. only reason i meantioned magic is cause he do the fade away jumpers too. but obviously Magic can dribble you to death also. to think a guy that big that dribbled that good and posted people that well. no wonder he's one of the greatest.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I love it. So hard to guard. you need a great defender to stop that kind of attack. You're right he's old school, he was killing val with the sky hook. only reason i meantioned magic is cause he do the fade away jumpers too. but obviously Magic can dribble you to death also. to think a guy that big that dribbled that good and posted people that well. no wonder he's one of the greatest.

And yet neither of those things were his best skill because he was a ridiculous playmaker/passer. He was damn-near psychic.

If there's a guy in another sport that was anything like Gretzky in terms of ability to see the flow of the game develop far ahead of everyone else in play, it was Magic. Magic was like what would happen if you put Gretzky's brain into Mario Lemieux's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad