Raptors Discussion: v43|We The North redux: this is what it feels like to have a team with actual depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysfanatic*

If DeRozan gets 20 mil it shouldn't be from the Raptors. Who's a fair comparison to DeRozan? Klay Thompson just got 4 yr 70 mil and I am not even sure he's worth that much.

With the way the contracts will shoot up thanks to the TV deal, there will be no choice. 20M will be nothing by then, sadly.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If DeRozan gets 20 mil it shouldn't be from the Raptors. Who's a fair comparison to DeRozan? Klay Thompson just got 4 yr 70 mil and I am not even sure he's worth that much.

He will be around that mark because the salary cap will also significantly rise too. KT will be making 17.5 because of what is to come from the restructured CBA (he will have no opt out clause passed 2017). I'd argue that DD is better than him in everything but 3pt ability, and will continue to add solid all around stats to his resumé and could use that KT contract as a comparable for what he should be offered.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

current contract value is going to be meaningless when the new TV deal kicks in and the cap skyrockets.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Raps are doing a great job at getting to the line. 38 fta compared to Magic's 13.

Also limiting turnovers are a big part of this team's success. Valanciunas is the only starter with a turnover (has 2) so far. Need to get more consistent behind the arc though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pleasantly surprised with James Johnson 2.0

No bouts of hero-ball so far since that 1st pre-season game. He's doing the right things on offence. That 2nd unit is shaping up nicely (I even find myself softening on Hansbrough as the backup C right now :laugh:)

Shwaguy*

Man if DeMar can keep his Defence at the level he's had it the first 2 games of the season and keep doing what we know he can do on Offence and his Improved handle/Post Game, (Like tonight), he's all NBA

He was fantastic in the Post tonight. Hope that corner 3 can start falling but he's good from there normally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad