Proposal: V. Kratsov for R. McLeod

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Two high 2018 picks that fit the other teams needs better

Kratsov is a big winger who has a much better chance to make Edmonton due to their shallower winger depth. He obviously wants to play in the NHL and a trade would give him a better shot to do that.

The Rangers depth at center is weaker than their defense and winger pools. McLeod looks ready for bottom 6 duty, he was PPG in the AHL last year.

I think this kind of deal would make more sense for the Rangers than just getting a mid round pick but I could be wrong. I think the Oilers plan on using McLeod as 4C right now but they could move Shore there if a trade like this happened.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I could be wrong but I think Kravtsov would have a little more value. Based on my viewings he's an NHL ready guy that can play a useful role even if he's not scoring. Ryan McLeod I'd say is worth a bit less.

I do like the idea of Kravtsov to Edmonton though, they could definitely use him.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
By the way, Ryan McLeod wasn't a high pick. You're probably thinking of his brother. But that's kind of old news anyways, he is a useful speedy center.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

Kratsov is a big winger who has a much better chance to make Edmonton due to their shallower winger depth. He obviously wants to play in the NHL and a trade would give him a better shot to do that.

The Rangers depth at center is weaker than their defense and winger pools. McLeod looks ready for bottom 6 duty, he was PPG in the AHL last year.

I think this kind of deal would make more sense for the Rangers than just getting a mid round pick but I could be wrong. I think the Oilers plan on using McLeod as 4C right now but they could move Shore there if a trade like this happened.
Probably more like Yamamoto for Kravtsov and a 3rd. I value Mcleod as much as any oiler fan but he is not going to get this level of asset. The other point is we need to open a spot up for Kratsov as well.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Rangers would need more. Not sure what the add would be or if it was a different player. I wouldn’t do Yamamoto as suggested as he’s a sparkplug guy and took a good price it deal.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
To Ottawa Senators Igor Shesterkin Vitali Kravtsov and Julien Gauthier

To New York Rangers Brady Tkachuk and Filip Gustavsson

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
To Ottawa Senators Igor Shesterkin Vitali Kravtsov and Julien Gauthier

To New York Rangers Brady Tkachuk and Filip Gustavsson
Of course the value is amazing (huge Tkachuk fan) but we can't really afford to pay him the 8 plus million he wants and we lose Igor (Georgiev is average at best) which would be a huge hit.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Of course the value is amazing (huge Tkachuk fan) but we can't really afford to pay him the 8 plus million he wants and we lose Igor (Georgiev is average at best) which would be a huge hit.

Gustavsson is the real deal and worth the gamble to get Brady and just trade Kreider down the road.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
I'd prefer to do Yamo over McLeod myself ... I have higher value on McLeod.. just my opinion..

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gustavsson is the real deal and worth the gamble to get Brady and just trade Kreider down the road.
Tkachuk is a left winger as well and with Panarin and Lafreniere being there for hopefully the next 6 years plus that could be an issue. Not sure how effective Brady is at RW. Also gonna be at least another 3 years I believe before they can trade Kreider

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Probably more like Yamamoto for Kravtsov and a 3rd. I value Mcleod as much as any oiler fan but he is not going to get this level of asset. The other point is we need to open a spot up for Kratsov as well.
Where does Yamamoto fit in for the Rangers? They have crazy winger depth and Yamamoto doesn’t have the makings of a 4th liner

I would guess they prefer the big fast young bottom 6 center

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This doesn't really make sense for the Oilers even though Kravtsov holds more value. The Oilers have strength in the system on wing and have much improved winger depth on the current roster with the offseason additions but are really shallow at center (unless Holloway transitions to center).

I'd probably do the trade from a value standpoint but from a needs standpoint, they need McLeod more than Kravtsov long term.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I'm just not high on Kravtsov at all. Seems too flush or bust. McLeod will fill out our center slot at 3C soon enough. Holloway is way more promising that Kravtsov at this point so I don't feel like we really need to move center depth for a risky winger. Maybe a Kravtsov for Yamamoto deal. But Yams has shown more than Kravtsov up to this point in their careers.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I'm just not high on Kravtsov at all. Seems too flush or bust. McLeod will fill out our center slot at 3C soon enough. Holloway is way more promising that Kravtsov at this point so I don't feel like we really need to move center depth for a risky winger. Maybe a Kravtsov for Yamamoto deal. But Yams has shown more than Kravtsov up to this point in their careers.
I'd prefer to do Yamo over McLeod myself ... I have higher value on McLeod.. just my opinion..

Yamamoto should not be available for Kraftsov.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
an add would be needed for sure.

Obviously it depends on what's being added, but I just don't see the upside. We know Yamamoto is an NHL player, Kravtsov isn't a sure thing. What's the point of downgrading? Unless we get a piece that's just as (or more) valuable than Kravtsov, I wouldn't consider it.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

no for Mac or Yama

I could be wrong but I think Kravtsov would have a little more value. Based on my viewings he's an NHL ready guy that can play a useful role even if he's not scoring. Ryan McLeod I'd say is worth a bit less.

I do like the idea of Kravtsov to Edmonton though, they could definitely use him.
cost to EDM would be a LOT more

Where does Yamamoto fit in for the Rangers? They have crazy winger depth and Yamamoto doesn’t have the makings of a 4th liner
Yama does NOT fit on NYR

I would guess they prefer the big fast young bottom 6 center

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Kravtsov will return something much better than McLeod. OP can’t even spell his name right

Reactions: bernmeister

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I would take Mcleod for Kravtsov if only to put his whole ordeal in the rear-view. Yamamoto would be tremendous value in exchange for Kravtsov in a vacuum, but Yamamoto would also be very redundant to the Rangers’ wing-depth, and his skill-set would likely be relegated to an unfavorable position in the bottom-six. He wouldn’t be slotted ahead of Panarin/Kreider/Kakko/Lafreniere

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'd hold out for a player with more offensive upside. Rangers have Chytil/Rooney as their bottom two centers with Barron nipping at their heels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad