USNTDP Players in Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Where are players like Kevin Porter, Chad Kolarik and Geoff Paukovich rated? I heard some rumors that Porter was rated some where in the 2nd or 3rd and Kolarik and Paukovich were in the second day, mid rounds. Anyones thoughts? Haven't heard much about an US Under 18 players this year.

db23

LemonDrop_27 said:
Where are players like Kevin Porter, Chad Kolarik and Geoff Paukovich rated? I heard some rumors that Porter was rated some where in the 2nd or 3rd and Kolarik and Paukovich were in the second day, mid rounds. Anyones thoughts? Haven't heard much about an US Under 18 players this year.

Paukovich was rated fairly high, mainly due to his size. The others were rated mid round. CSS has included them in the mid season ratings. I think the best talent on the U18 team is actually with the guys who qualify for the U17 team, Phil Kessel, Jack Johnson, Jack Skille, etc. Those guys are 87 born so they would not be eligible for the draft even if they opted in.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Paukovich will almost certainly drop to the 2nd day because of his off-ice history. Although he isn't rated nearly as high, I think Matt Auffrey is the best NHL prospect for this years draft from the team.

neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
robbie earl

LemonDrop_27 said:

is he gonna be drafted :dunno:

what current young player would you compare him to

Funkymoses

Porter and Kolarik were both rated mid-round types by the CSB, but I think their rankings are all screwed up this year with regards to college and college-bound players. They're both highly regarded prospects for college but that doesn't always translate into high NHL draft picks. I've really got no idea where they'll go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad