Useless Thread MDCCXL: Nobody remember 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I guess so. :(

That was the best film of last year. And the two Sufjan tracks for it were amazing.

The film didn't murder me in the feels nearly as badly as I expected. Some of the dialogue was awkward and the scenes were too short, not really giving time to show these people falling in love with each other. IDK. Timmy Chalamet is bae tho.

Reactions: Tom Hansen

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
The film didn't murder me in the feels nearly as badly as I expected. Some of the dialogue was awkward and the scenes were too short, not really giving time to show these people falling in love with each other. IDK. Timmy Chalamet is bae tho.
I think it really nails the awkwardness and struggle of growing up gay though, no?

Source: grew up a straight white cis male.

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
I thought the film was more about the emotional awkwardness of having to hide your feelings than a love story.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think it really nails the awkwardness and struggle of growing up gay though, no?

Source: grew up a straight white cis male.

Not really. His parents are fully accepting - his dad is my (figurative) dad honestly - and he never really struggles with acceptance or anything. Plus the nominally straight guy turns out to have a thing for him. I'd say it's way more about wish fulfillment: he has everything every gay kid wishes he had.

I thought the film was more about the emotional awkwardness of having to hide your feelings than a love story.

He didn't really hide them though. He sort of let Armie Hammer know pretty quickly after he himself realized. IDK.

TJ Hooker

May 25, 2017
He wasn’t open about any of it though. And he was awkwardly in love with a straight man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad