USA....somehow, someway, please medal

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by BMOK33, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMOK33

BMOK33 Registered User

There is nobody in the world that wants to see the U.S. team medal more than Islander fans do....I just want to see some NHL team dumb enough to fall for Rick Dipietro's play behind an all star team and give him a huge contract and the Islanders several compensation picks.

2. MountainHawk

MountainHawk Registered User

Actuary
    A bronze medal in Turin would be a larger upset than the Gold in Lake Placid.

3. Rails

Rails Registered User

Home Page:
    That is a stretch

4. Calling this year's roster an "all star team" is a travesty. USA at this time is probably the least skilled team among the hockey super powers but have a fantastic attitude. Led by Brian Gionta, Erik Cole, and Mike Knuble you're looking at some of the hardest working players night in and night out. They don't have great hands or the best vision but they can take a beating and keep on coming. What we need is for "Captain America" to show up for all the games. No excuses, for someone who is supposed to be the top american born player in the game today he sure didn't show it last year. Let's not forget our goaltending :shakehead

5. Trottier

Trottier Very Random

Marketing Executive
    Home Page:
    For the record, not all NYI fans want to see Dipietro do well for the US Olympic team...so some other NHL team will want to take him off of NYI's hands. :shakehead

On the contrary, some (many) of us see a 24 year old in the midst of just his 2nd full NHL season, playing behind a lousy defensive team no less. And we have patience.

Rick and NYI had another tough day at the office tonight against the hottest team in the league, so those who want instantaneous gratification (nevermind the monstrousity that Milbury assembled) are out in full force. You know, let's get compensatory picks so we can more MORE KIDDIES!....and get rid of that (24 year)old bum Dipietro.

The kicker is the suggestion that if Rick does well behind a good Olympic team, it takes away from his success in any way, makes it a mirage. :biglaugh: Funny, seems to me that is the entire idea - to find a goalie capable of winning behind a good team. Maybe instead of kicking Dipietro, some rush-to-judgment types might want to worry more about building a half-way decent NHL squad around him.

Regardless, this NYI fan hopes that Rick and Team USA do well.

6. Teemu

Teemu Trick question?

I just want USA to get something because I wanna hear hockey mentioned on the news in a positive manner

7. espo*

espo* Guest

thats not just a stretch it's huge leap.

The situation now and then are'nt comparable at all.They could medal here and it's no shock at all.

8. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager

I get what you're saying, but I think many people are underrating the point production/skill of several American players. A guy like Gionta does have 29 goals, and it isn't just because of hard work.

9. octopi

octopi Registered User

Well, good news. The USA woman's hockey team is bound to get either gold or silver. Hey, you said "somehow, someway", I gave it....

10. Kevin Forbes

Kevin Forbes Registered User

Home Page:
    wonder if they would make a movie about it...

11. SChan*

SChan* Guest

no way. A gold in turin wouldn't even be a larger upset.

12. Briere03

Briere03 Registered User

They might win a medal IF Ryan Miller finds his way onto the team.

13. SChan*

SChan* Guest

yeah I just checked Team USA's roster and he isn't even listed. Crazy. USA better hope for an injury so he makes his way and can be the starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.