WC: USA Roster

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Funny hearing Ferraro and Miller flabbergasted trying to name the last dman as good as OEL to go to unrestricted free agency. It's happening shortly with a better dman in John Carlson and they're going all the way back to Niedermeyer. Sigh.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It's been awhile since I can remember Team USA carrying that much of the play while losing by a lopsided score.

Just one of those games where none of the breaks fell their way.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It's been awhile since I can remember Team USA carrying that much of the play while losing by a lopsided score.

Just one of those games where none of the breaks fell their way.

That failure on the lucky 4 minute PP followed by Gaudreau's penalty was it.

Self-inflicted.

Caffeine

Apr 27, 2017
Petrozavodsk
Do we ever see Johnny Gaudreau at this tournament again lol?
This was his third world championships. I think as long as Calgrary is not competitive we will see him at this tournament. It's not like he could not improve this team in future tournaments. But there was something going on with him because he had pretty good numbers in NHL this season but at this tournament in Denmark he looked disinterested, frustrated, lazy and made several dumb plays.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I’m not saying we wouldn’t take him. He just seemed so miserable I was wondering if he’d ever want to come back

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

I think so, but it's been a dreadful tournament for him. His head clearly isn't in it. I'm sure that's part his dad's health, part the mental aftermath of his broken finger this season. He's been slashed on the hands a ridiculous amount of times in this tournament, it's never called, and his composure is gone.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

SK94

Apr 11, 2016

I think that the United States should not participate anymore. I can not believe that this team was unable to score goals. They did not play so badly that 6-0 would be fair result.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think that the United States should not participate anymore. I can not believe that this team was unable to score goals. They did not play so badly that 6-0 would be fair result.

yeah its time for usa to send the u20 team....maybe with some ncaa players mixed in. or only players from ahl...that would be wierd to watch....

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
yeah its time for usa to send the u20 team....maybe with some ncaa players mixed in. or only players from ahl...that would be wierd to watch....

I hope so. They will not win this tournament anyway.

Caffeine

Apr 27, 2017
Petrozavodsk
they should instead inquire every possible US nhl player before make any roster decisions. It seems like they are not doing that every year. There are still some rumours that certain players were not asked for. Palmieri, Bjugstad, Trocheck. Also did they ever ask for Pavelski or other veterans?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
they should instead inquire every possible US nhl player before make any roster decisions. It seems like they are not doing that every year. There are still some rumours that certain players were not asked for. Palmieri, Bjugstad, Trocheck. Also did they ever ask for Pavelski or other veterans?

They asked all of these players. Team USA has the worst participation rate year in, year out. If I was USAH, I'd publicly list out the invitees and the reasons received for not playing, either directly on their site or partner with the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
At this point, considering how many talented players US have in the NHL, how many are available, how they never seem to find a good team setup to win the world championship. It's sad really. This year, you really had a a great set of forwards, but the defensemen were lackluster and the goalie... considering how many good NHL goalies there are? Sure, Kinkaid as an experienced NHL backup should be good enough, but that defense? It's crazy so many turned down the offer to represent their country.

It's baffling how US haven't performed better in these kind of tournaments. I can understand tunnel seeing NHL fans don't caring about the world tournament, but the players? Why is it such a struggle to play for your country?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
US dominated the first but Nilsson saved the Swedes and a Kinkaid softie started it all and it's snowballing now. Debrincat forces the puck so much to Kane it's insane; turnover machine. Gaudreau shouldn't leave the bench for at least the rest of the second, he's been playing selfish, stupid hockey all tournament.
I agree ... seems like a spoiled baby ... gotta park his ego.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I am sorry that i am tired of this ****. Every year the same story. Senior team fails every time.

So did 11 others. That’s just how it works.

We have a damn good shot at a bronze medal which is be maybe the best run in this tournament for the program ever

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
So did 11 others. That’s just how it works.

We have a damn good shot at a bronze medal which is be maybe the best run in this tournament for the program ever

Bronze is not good enough for USA hockey. It is embarrassing that USA has not been able to win this tournament since 1933. It is not good enough.

Reactions: William H Bonney

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bronze is not good enough for USA hockey. It is embarrassing that USA has not been able to win this tournament since 1933. It is not good enough.
agreed, and Ferraro called it out best - so many young Americans aren't here that should be here..

I hope Eichel, Keller, Schmaltz, Matthews, Dvorak, etc etc are looking hard at themselves...you don't need to come every year but when we get players coming after 2nd round exits, it is crazy that we couldn't get half the available YOUNG guys...Trochek and Bjugstad included.

USA Hockey has to start calling out the players that do not come, they have to start holding accountability here...and as Ferraro said, if you went though the USNDP and are not here, WTF??? They gave you the chance to be a star, you need to answer the bell when called upon like Larkin and Murphy have done so far..

This team had the talent to make it to the Gold, they started that 1st period off great, it looked like it will be one hell of a game...but after that second goal, the life just left the building and it was like here we go again, another team USA failure...sad to see as this team had guys playing at very high levels..

PucksOnNet

Nov 12, 2017
agreed, and Ferraro called it out best - so many young Americans aren't here that should be here..

I hope Eichel, Keller, Schmaltz, Matthews, Dvorak, etc etc are looking hard at themselves...you don't need to come every year but when we get players coming after 2nd round exits, it is crazy that we couldn't get half the available YOUNG guys...Trochek and Bjugstad included.

USA Hockey has to start calling out the players that do not come, they have to start holding accountability here...and as Ferraro said, if you went though the USNDP and are not here, WTF??? They gave you the chance to be a star, you need to answer the bell when called upon like Larkin and Murphy have done so far..

This team had the talent to make it to the Gold, they started that 1st period off great, it looked like it will be one hell of a game...but after that second goal, the life just left the building and it was like here we go again, another team USA failure...sad to see as this team had guys playing at very high levels..

Matthews was coming off an injury-riddled season, he needs some time to rest. You can't blame him for not attending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad