WC: USA Roster

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I know most guys dont care, but there are a few really good guys each year that are surrounded with no other significant talent, and we get bounced out of the tournament. I wish everyone could organize and make plans to all go pick a year and give it their best shot, see what happens.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It would be peak USAH to invite guys like Gaudette and Brickley after snubbing them for the Olympic team. Like when Kyle Connor wasn't good enough for the WJC team but was good enough for the WC team.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
That's pretty close to what I had in mind but I think you need to take into consideration contract situations and injuries.

I'd be surprised to see Hanifin for example as he needs a new contract (Slavin and Pesce didn't go to the WC last year for example). I imagine that's why you don't have Larkin?

Gibson has been injured a lot this year so he might want to prepare for next season (Anaheim could surprise us in the playoffs anyway). Same goes for Eichel really – minus the playoffs part.

Boeser (like Keller) will have gone through his first NHL season and might need the rest. Christian Fischer could be a good replacement. If NJD is out early, I'd love to see Miles Wood on the big ice.

USAH seems to love using the WC as a way to give a boost to struggling players (Hellebuyck, Bjugstad, Larkin last year) so I think you are right, Saad is definitely going to get his invitation. They should invite Galchenyuk too.

Oh and Matthew Tkachuk as an extra?

In regards to the NCAA players, Mittelstadt might sign with Buffalo and join Rochester for the AHL playoffs. Same thing for Gaudette and Utica. Donato will likely sign with Boston and Terry with Anaheim. I'd think Greenway/Kunin would be in consideration depending on where Iowa ends up. Maybe the likes of Marody, Laczynski and Stevens could be invited if they struggle to fill the roster.

Brady Tkachuk and Oliver Wahlstrom are draft eligible and it would be a great stage to showcase them.

Brickley and Schuldt on the back end will be college free agents and looking for a contract. I hope one of Adam Fox, Quinn Hughes or Andrew Peeke goes (Chad Krys...jk). And they owe it to Borgen to play him if he wants after he sat in the stands for the Olympics.

ya, that's why I didn't include Larkin. Unfortunately I was a tad bit lazy in researching the contractual status of some others.

As far as Tkachuk goes, I just pick 24-25 guys. move Dzingel out, Saad down, Lee up and slot Matthew in w/ Bjugstad. works for me.

Reactions: Jez

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
For all the complaining I heard about no NHL players at the Olympics, I expect this to be a best on best tournament.

I'm half kidding.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
For all the complaining I heard about no NHL players at the Olympics, I expect this to be a best on best tournament.

I'm half kidding.
in all honesty, I know we say it every year, but with no Olympics or World Cup this year or next, teams should field decent teams...a lot of real good young talent out there.

I would imagine guys like Keller, Dvorak, and Fischer are locks.

DeBrincat and Schmaltz as locks to play...

Boeser and Gaudette locks...

right there is a solid group of 7 young forwards that are all very very realistic to have here.

Boeser - Schmaltz - Keller
DeBrincat - Dvorak - Fischer
- Gaudette -

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
ya, that's why I didn't include Larkin. Unfortunately I was a tad bit lazy in researching the contractual status of some others.

As far as Tkachuk goes, I just pick 24-25 guys. move Dzingel out, Saad down, Lee up and slot Matthew in w/ Bjugstad. works for me.

Larkin doesn't need to worry about getting his new contract. He is going to get a pretty nice deal even if he got hurt at the WC. The Wings are positioning him to be their next captain.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't go.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Larkin doesn't need to worry about getting his new contract. He is going to get a pretty nice deal even if he got hurt at the WC. The Wings are positioning him to be their next captain.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't go.
Doesn't usually matter. Typically if a players contract is up they end up not going.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If NJ doesn't make the playoffs, they have a ton of Americans although a lot of them are older vets (Schneider, Greene, Lovejoy) or UFA/RFAs at years end.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
From these players:

Buffalo: Eichel
Ottawa: Dzingel,Anderson
Montreal: Petry
Detroit: Larkin
NYI: Lee, Leddy
Columbus: Jones,Werenski,Johnson,Atkinson,Foligno,Dubinsky
Arizona: Keller,Dvorak,Stepan
Vancouver: Boeser
Chicago: Kane,DeBrincat,Schmaltz, Murphy, Hartman, Hinostroza
Calgary: Gaudreau, Tkachuk
LA Kings: Quick,Brown,Forbort

Ryan Donato (Harvard,NCAA)
Troy Terry (Denver,NCAA)
Jonathan Greenway (Boston,NCAA)

Ryan Zapolski (Jokerit,KHL)
Matt Gilroy (Jokerit,KHL)
Brian O'Neill (Jokerit,KHL)

|

G: Quick,Anderson,Zapolski
D: Petry,Leddy,Jones,Werenski,Johnson,Murphy
,Forbort,Gilroy
F: Eichel,Dzingel,Larkin,Lee,Atkinson,Foligno,Dubinsky,Keller,
Dvorak,
Stepan,Boeser,Kane,DeBrincat,Schmaltz,Hartman,
Hinostroza,Gaudreau,Tkachuk,Brown,Donato,Terry,Greenway,
O'Neill

|

1. Gaudreau-Eichel-Boeser/Lee (if Boeser is healthy)
Jones-Johnson

2. DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Werenski-Petry

3. Larkin-Dvorak-Brown/Keller
Leddy-Murphy

4. Tkachuk-Donato-Terry

Lee,Keller

SG: Quick
BG: Anderson
3rd: Zapolski

Ad

Upcoming events