WC: USA Roster

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Butcher is a nice add...Kinkaid is what it is, hopefully he can put together another 10 day stretch or so..

still so many names out there that we have heard nothing on..pretty weird that Bjugstad, DeKeyser, Palmieri , etc all saying the same thing - they haven't been contacted by USA Hockey, you think you would contact every body just to figure out what you have willing to come.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
So is there a reason we don't have an answer on Schamltz yet? The Hawks have been out forever and there's nothing obvious standing in his way that he would have to sort out so what's the deal? Are we slow-playing him in the hopes we can do better (seems unlikely), is he taking his time before eventually declining? Just strange that we haven't heard from him considering the circumstances.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
USAH not inviting Schneider but then inviting Kinkaid and Lindgren is really bizarre. Same thing with not invitinh Palmieri. Hopefully they do offer Palmieri cause he would be a significant addition on the wing

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
They have to introduce rest of the team quckly becouse there is not much time till worlds / flight to EU

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Schneider is the better goalie, but he's shown zero interest in representing Team USA since he was an amateur. His World Championship declined invite percentage would be impressive as a save percentage, but not as an indication that he gives a damn about playing for his country.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Schneider is the better goalie, but he's shown zero interest in representing Team USA since he was an amateur. His World Championship declined invite percentage would be impressive as a save percentage, but not as an indication that he gives a damn about playing for his country.

He went as 3rd string at the WCH despite being (IMO) our best goalie.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I don't know if it's 10 years, he was in the playoffs a lot as a backup. I don't disagree with your point though, but just noting he's represented before on a bigger stage.

Outside of the World Cup, and I don't give much credit for showing up to the more prominent tournaments, he hasn't represented Team USA since the 2007 World Championship when he was a college player. This despite the fact that he's been available most years.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
and there could be why he wasn't invited...after so many declines, USA Hockey might not be looking at him as an option anymore...can't say I blame them, but maybe they landed Quick and Kinkaid is coming along just like Howard did with Helly last year..you can bring 2 NHL goalies here, plenty of games to play and both would get in games with Quick obviously playing the medal round. Kinkaid needs all the good end of year exposure he can get.

Reactions: Xokkeu

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
if Boston loses, and that is a big if, that is obviously what is holding up team USA.

the amount of Americans on that team is also pretty staggering.. guys who would seem like locks to play - Krug, McAvoy, Donato, Schaller, Miller, Grzelczyk, and Carlo - that is our freaking defense right there lol!!

also add - Backes, Wingels, Acciari, Kuraly, plenty of Americans here..

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
if Boston loses, and that is a big if, that is obviously what is holding up team USA.

the amount of Americans on that team is also pretty staggering.. guys who would seem like locks to play - Krug, McAvoy, Donato, Schaller, Miller, Grzelczyk, and Carlo - that is our freaking defense right there lol!!

also add - Backes, Wingels, Acciari, Kuraly, plenty of Americans here..

Carlo is out for the season

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Scott Darling will play in WC according his wife.

giphy.gif

Underwhelming choice. Guess Quick didn't work out...

If Schneider and Quick wanted to go but USA Hockey didn't invite them are you guys/gals finally as angry at USA Hockey as I am?

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad