USA line combinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
When the USA team is announced which should be today, i'd like to know everyones thought on line combinations. I don't know much about the players on the team except Schremp and O'Sullivan, i've read about Johnson and Kessel but thats it.

Will Schremp be a 1st line player or 2nd? I forget what position O'Sullivan is, if he's a Centre then i'm guessing Schremp would be the 2nd line centre.

EverythingSens

Feb 5, 2004
Vermont
Not a clue, but looks like Weller is the 13th forward, which sucks! Not only being a Sens fan, but going to Clarkson too... Looks like he's leaving the team to sit and watch for 10 days... DAMN!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
EverythingSens said:
Not a clue, but looks like Weller is the 13th forward, which sucks! Not only being a Sens fan, but going to Clarkson too... Looks like he's leaving the team to sit and watch for 10 days... DAMN!

I wouldn't say that. I think it's likely Weller plays on the fourth line with Mike Brown and Jake Dowell. Here are the lines/defensive pairings cagney suggested:

Stafford-O'Sullivan-Callahan
Porter-Fritsche-Schremp
Bourque-Hensick-Pineault
Weller-Dowell-Brown
Kessel

Suter-Likens
Hagemo-Goligoski
Hunwick-Lee
Borer

Montoya
Schneider

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
ajsonor said:
I'm only familiar with a handful of these players, but the third line looks a little on the small side with Bourque and Hensick.

They're both small but neither is soft. I think the two of them would complement each other well as they're both pretty creative. There aren't really a lot of big forwards to go around on the roster. They could decide to move one of the guys I have on the fourth line up I suppose but I just like the look of those three together. I wouldn't be surprised if the lines Sandelin ends up using don't look much like what I've got down.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
cagney said:
They're both small but neither is soft. I think the two of them would complement each other well as they're both pretty creative. There aren't really a lot of big forwards to go around on the roster. They could decide to move one of the guys I have on the fourth line up I suppose but I just like the look of those three together. I wouldn't be surprised if the lines Sandelin ends up using don't look much like what I've got down.

Hensick, Borque and Porter played on a line the final day of camp in August and really looked good together. I wouldn't be shocked to see Sandelin try these guys together.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Rabid Ranger said:
I wouldn't say that. I think it's likely Weller plays on the fourth line with Mike Brown and Jake Dowell. Here are the lines/defensive pairings cagney suggested:

Stafford-O'Sullivan-Callahan
Porter-Fritsche-Schremp
Bourque-Hensick-Pineault
Weller-Dowell-Brown
Kessel

Suter-Likens
Hagemo-Goligoski
Hunwick-Lee
Borer

Montoya
Schneider

that's pretty good!!