Usa In 06'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe d

Aug 15, 2004
Spectacular_Bid said:
I've always thought for his size Thelen was soft. Here is what USHR.com had to say about Thelen and Dubinsky:

A.J. Thelen, ’86, Prince Albert (WHL). Had a bad camp. Does USA Hockey have a short or long-term memory? 13 gp, 2-5-7 (-7)

Brandon Dubinsky, ’86, Portland (WHL). A long shot. Is it tough to make this team or what? 10 gp, 5-9-14 (+1)

They think both are long shots.
Who are the forwards that they are suggesting will make the team ? any further player comments ??? Thanks

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Joe d said:
Who are the forwards that they are suggesting will make the team ? any further player comments ??? Thanks

They list 10 forwards who they think will make the team for sure and then 6 "bubble" players. Because its a pay site I don't think I should post the whole list but if you have any questions about a particular player I could tell you what they said about him.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Spectacular_Bid said:
They list 10 forwards who they think will make the team for sure and then 6 "bubble" players. Because its a pay site I don't think I should post the whole list but if you have any questions about a particular player I could tell you what they said about him.

What do they have to say about TJ Oshie?

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
topshelf331 said:
What do they have to say about TJ Oshie?

T.J. OSHIE, ’86, N. Dakota (NCAA). Highly probable. Solid summer camp and off to the best college start here. 6 gp, 3-5-8

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
The WJHC is always bittersweet, especially for Canadians. Rarely is it a contest of the greatest junior age players, but rather a contest of the greatest junior age players who are too young, or not quite good enough to be on their NHL squads. And I think Canada suffers for this more than most countries; European/Russian players aren't usually rushed as fast to the NHL due to language/cultural issues, and US players tend to stay a bit longer in college than Canadians in the CHL (or so has been my casual observation - I'm sure I'll be harshly corrected if I'm wrong).

For the question at hand, I agree that the US squad looks excellent on paper. However, as the 2004 Canadian junior team will attest, the best team isn't always just the team with the best players.

Joe d

Aug 15, 2004
Spectacular_Bid said:
I'm alwayes interested in the Minnesota Kids, Wheeler, Lee, Niskanen, Hagemo...Thanks

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Joe d said:
I'm alwayes interested in the Minnesota Kids, Wheeler, Lee, Niskanen, Hagemo...Thanks

Yep, all locks excpet Niskanen. Sounds like from some of the posts that I've been reading that Hagemo's shoulder is pretty banged up. I've heard he may miss the first half of this season and the WJC.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Another name I'd like to throw out there is Chris Butler. He's been very impressive so far and would be a nice addition if a guy like Hagemo can't make it.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Rabid Ranger said:
Another name I'd like to throw out there is Chris Butler. He's been very impressive so far and would be a nice addition if a guy like Hagemo can't make it.

it looks like they like yandle and brennan better then butler.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
orangeandblack said:
it looks like they like yandle and brennan better then butler.

I noticed that. It's a good group to choose from, that's for sure. I can't wait to see Jack Johnson go bonkers!

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
if they do lose hagemo, they might have more talent on the blueline, but less experience, and not necessarily better. itll be interesting to see how it plays out. i guess we'll know in about 6 weeks.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Rabid Ranger said:
I noticed that. It's a good group to choose from, that's for sure. I can't wait to see Jack Johnson go bonkers!

yea, im so pumped to see this kid run over everyone he plays against. definitely the kind of defenseman we lacked last year. hopefully they choose schremp again, i think they will, he could lead the tourney in scoring, the way hes playing lately.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
orangeandblack said:
yea, im so pumped to see this kid run over everyone he plays against. definitely the kind of defenseman we lacked last year. hopefully they choose schremp again, i think they will, he could lead the tourney in scoring, the way hes playing lately.

It would be pretty odd if Schremp wasn't chosen. He's a lock IMO.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
orangeandblack said:
if they do lose hagemo, they might have more talent on the blueline, but less experience, and not necessarily better. itll be interesting to see how it plays out. i guess we'll know in about 6 weeks.

I think it depends on who the replacement would be. If a guy like Yandle was chosen, then I agree with you. If a guy like Brennan was chosen I think the experience factor wouldn't be so important.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Rabid Ranger said:
It would be pretty odd if Schremp wasn't chosen. He's a lock IMO.

i think hes a lock also, but just the fact that ushr doesnt come out and say hes a lock weirds me out. their usually right on the money with what they print. i think he has to be there, just strange they wrote that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->