Usa In 06'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know this has been posted before, but this is my first topic, so i wanted my 2 cents to be added. As long as the coaching staff this year doesnt do as horrible of a job picking the team as they did last year, Gold is in the Americans grasp. Canada has a down year, and the Europeans dont look as tough as in years past except the Czecks who will be tough. The Gold Medal is the Americans to lose. Here is the start of what could be a tremendous group of kids for the next 3 years if the NHL doesnt gobble them up.

Forwards
Phil Kessel- electric, #1 lock in 06', has all the skills to be the future of the NHL
Peter Mueller- Modano clone, will go #2 in 06, has size and is lighting it up now
Robbie Schremp- Offensive dynamo, forget headcase warning, he can be a star
Blake Wheeler- Showing why he was taken 5th overall, size, speed, and toughness
Bobby Ryan- Bill Guerin mold, but w/out the wheels, has improved on that area
Jack Skille- solid top line power forward, great pick for Hawks, leads on the ice
Tom Fritsche- Hobey Baker finalist, better O skills then his bro, excellent pro
Ryan Stoa- some say he looks lost, still way early, all around power game and speed
Nate Gerbe-Gionta like warrior, needed on this team like Bret Sterling, creates Off
T.J Oshie- Blues look brilliant with pick, look at early numbers, has all the skills
Adam Pineault- Rugged power forward, steal in the second round, finally showing off
Chris Bourque-playing great in AHL,silky smooth forward, will be in NHL by years end
Jordan LaValle- steal of a pick, has allaround game, perfect power game,impressive

honorable mentions- Kevin Porter, Shawn Weller, Brandon Dubinsky. US has habbit of picking players who played for them the year before, hope that doesnt happen with Weller, way too much talent for him to make this team. Porter is a good kid, probably will be on this team, Dubinsky has all around game but plays in the WHL, US doesnt pick many from there.

Defense
Jack Johnson-why in the name of all that is holy did this kid not make it in 05'? stud
Matt Lashoff-see JJ above. Almost made Bruins roster, is healthy now, top d-man
Erik Johnson-Monster, Derian Hatcher mold, but with offense,will be gone by pick#5
Nate Hagemo- does it all right, leader, will be captain, awesome player,NHL caliber
Matt Niskanen-future NHL all-star, still raw but can fly and hit with the best, star
Brian Lee-looked lost at 05'WJC,maturing into huge talent, ala Brian Leetch in time
Michael Sauer-should have been first round pick, does it all right, leader on ice, USA better pick this kid, he is a stud.

honorable mentions- Taylor Chorney-like Niskanen, still raw, but could beat out Niskanen for spot. A.J Thelen- needs big year, has all the tools to be NHL mainstay.
Mark Mitera-plays for Michigan, blue chip prospect, wont last past 10th pick in 06', easily could make this team from his showings so far. Bob Sanguinetti-might see CHL bias, explosive skills, best wheels for a d-man in the CHL, might be another top 10 American pick not as big as Dowzak(another first round American), but has the skills to make any squad as long as eyes are watching him, definitely will make next years squad.

Goalies
Jeff Frazee-does everything right, will keep US in every game, been to world events
Cory Schneider- big frame, big game, great tools, maybe needs another year to get ready for stardome.

honorable mention- Billy Sauer- another top 15 pick, will be first goalie taken in 06' has it all, US doesnt need to rush him in just yet, but you never know.

Just my opinion of what could be an amazing team.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
AmericanDream said:
I know this has been posted before, but this is my first topic, so i wanted my 2 cents to be added. As long as the coaching staff this year doesnt do as horrible of a job picking the team as they did last year, Gold is in the Americans grasp. Canada has a down year, and the Europeans dont look as tough as in years past except the Czecks who will be tough. The Gold Medal is the Americans to lose. Here is the start of what could be a tremendous group of kids for the next 3 years if the NHL doesnt gobble them up.

Forwards
Phil Kessel- electric, #1 lock in 06', has all the skills to be the future of the NHL
Peter Mueller- Modano clone, will go #2 in 06, has size and is lighting it up now
Jack Skille- solid top line power forward, great pick for Hawks, leads on the ice
Ryan Stoa- some say he looks lost, still way early, all around power game and speed
Nate Gerbe-Gionta like warrior, needed on this team like Bret Sterling, creates Off
T.J Oshie- Blues look brilliant with pick, look at early numbers, has all the skills
Adam Pineault- Rugged power forward, steal in the second round, finally showing off
Chris Bourque-playing great in AHL,silky smooth forward, will be in NHL by years end
Jordan LaValle- steal of a pick, has allaround game, perfect power game,impressive

honorable mentions- Kevin Porter, Shawn Weller, Brandon Dubinsky. US has habbit of picking players who played for them the year before, hope that doesnt happen with Weller, way too much talent for him to make this team. Porter is a good kid, probably will be on this team, Dubinsky has all around game but plays in the WHL, US doesnt pick many from there.

Defense
Jack Johnson-why in the name of all that is holy did this kid not make it in 05'? stud
Erik Johnson-Monster, Derian Hatcher mold, but with offense,will be gone by pick#5
Nate Hagemo- does it all right, leader, will be captain, awesome player,NHL caliber
Matt Niskanen-future NHL all-star, still raw but can fly and hit with the best, star
Brian Lee-looked lost at 05'WJC,maturing into huge talent, ala Brian Leetch in time
Michael Sauer-should have been first round pick, does it all right, leader on ice, USA better pick this kid, he is a stud.

honorable mentions- Taylor Chorney-like Niskanen, still raw, but could beat out Niskanen for spot. A.J Thelen- needs big year, has all the tools to be NHL mainstay.
Mark Mitera-plays for Michigan, blue chip prospect, wont last past 10th pick in 06', easily could make this team from his showings so far. Bob Sanguinetti-might see CHL bias, explosive skills, best wheels for a d-man in the CHL, might be another top 10 American pick not as big as Dowzak(another first round American), but has the skills to make any squad as long as eyes are watching him, definitely will make next years squad.

Goalies
Jeff Frazee-does everything right, will keep US in every game, been to world events
Cory Schneider- big frame, big game, great tools, maybe needs another year to get ready for stardome.

honorable mention- Billy Sauer- another top 15 pick, will be first goalie taken in 06' has it all, US doesnt need to rush him in just yet, but you never know.

Joe Palmer will go before Billy Sauer. Palmer put on a show this weekend with the overmatched U18 team against #2 Cornell. The score could have easily been 8 to 1 instaed of 4 to 1.
I don't see Erik Johnson or Bob Sanguinetti making the team. I'm a big fan of both but there are too many good 87 and 86 defensmen out there. I don't think the team will take an 88 on D. I like taylor Chorney for the International game.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I don't see Stoa making the team. He's shown a tendency to sleep through tournaments.

Porter will certainly be there.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
bigd said:
Joe Palmer will go before Billy Sauer. Palmer put on a show this weekend with the overmatched U18 team against #2 Cornell. The score could have easily been 8 to 1 instaed of 4 to 1.
I don't see Erik Johnson or Bob Sanguinetti making the team. I'm a big fan of both but there are too many good 87 and 86 defensmen out there. I don't think the team will take an 88 on D. I like taylor Chorney for the International game.

where you there? If so, where's your seat?

Pipeandin

Dec 7, 2004
big d, I agree with you on Palmer, the kid is a real talent. In my mind he could be a top 10 pick. I think he will be the first goalie taken. I think Erik Johnson will make the team though as the 6th or 7th D man, you could be right though.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
AmericanDream said:

Forwards

Defense

Goalies

Great job trying to pump these guys up!!

How could Lee have looked lost at the WJC's last year??......he didn't leave the bench!! :biglaugh:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
HabLover said:

How could Lee have looked lost at the WJC's last year??......he didn't leave the bench!! :biglaugh:

Actually, from what I'm hearing, Lee is looking awsome at North Dakota. Don't judge him based on 1 tourney where he was overmatched due to his age.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HabLover said:

You won't be yucking it up come tournament time, I can assure you of that........

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
cagney said:
I don't see Stoa making the team. He's shown a tendency to sleep through tournaments.

Porter will certainly be there.

Agreed on both counts. I'm amazed at the lack of respect Porter gets as a player. Not only will he make this team, he has a great chance to be one of the captains. Behind Kessel (4 goals, 2 assists) Porter is the US teams leading returning scorer (3 goals, 2 assists) not to mention the US teams most complete player at last years WJC. People need to realize that for this team to win the gold (which it should) it needs a mix of skill, grit, determination and heart. You get all that and more with a kid like Porter.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The US certainly should win this year's tournament, it would be a major disappointment for USA Hockey if they did not. Not only do they have a very deep team, but they have the advantage that they're not missing any key cog from their potential players. It should be a pretty straight forward event for them. I look forward to covering their training camp in Victoria before the tournament and seeing how they perform in Vancouver.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
Spectacular_Bid said:
Agreed on both counts. I'm amazed at the lack of respect Porter gets as a player. Not only will he make this team, he has a great chance to be one of the captains. Behind Kessel (4 goals, 2 assists) Porter is the US teams leading returning scorer (3 goals, 2 assists) not to mention the US teams most complete player at last years WJC. People need to realize that for this team to win the gold (which it should) it needs a mix of skill, grit, determination and heart. You get all that and more with a kid like Porter.

I'm confident that Schremp will lead the team in scoring this year for USA. It does depend on his ice time and line mates though. Put him on the time line with Kessel or Porter and you have a dynamo line up front.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Stoa isnt in considereation for this team. he wasnt invited to camp, and the role he would play, the US has better players with more jam then he does. he wouldnt play on the top 2 lines, therefor, they will find a grittier forward. porter is a lock, hes multidimensional and can play in any type of situation. weller isnt a lock, i think there is a decent chance he isnt back. in my opinion the 5 defense spots are locked up with hagemo, thelen, lashoff, j johnson and lee. i think sauer, chorney and erik johnson will fight it out for the remaining 2. as far as the sauer/palmer argument, both should be first rounders, but several experts think more highly of sauer, but palmer isnt far behind. neither will make the team this year.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Is Palmer actually playing good again enough to even think of putting him first round? He'd fallen to around 60 on most people's lists.

I'd still take Sauer ahead of him at this point since I think Sauer is a top 10/15 pick..

If E-Jay doesn't make this team, I will be pissed.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
xander said:
where you there? If so, where's your seat?
I was there section 11. The USA team was totally overmatched. The only player on team USA that didn't get pushed around, IMO, was Ryan Flynn. The kid is stong as an ox. No one else on team USA could match up to Cornell's jam. Eveyone on team USA got pushed around including the twin towers , Erick Johnson and Nigel Williams.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I strongly agree that the US should win this tourney. Like I stated above, they will win ONLY if they pick the best team unlike last years farce. Porter is a good kid, no doubt about it. He is not highly ranked as a prospect, but is a guts and grinder type of a player which is needed. I agree with the fact that you just cant throw out all-star teams, but most of the US's young guns are all around players who can mash it up. Pineault, LaValle, Stoa, Skille, Ryan, Gerbe, Fritsche, Wheeler, and Bourque is no slouch. Also with the punishing d-men in the johnsons, Sauer and Niskanen, who the hell needs more grinders? This team doesnt need a Weller, or even in my opinion a Porter although Porter does have more talent then Weller.

It does not matter if you did not get invited to the pre camp in August to make this team, USA has already said that. Stoa has 2 months to pick up his play and show why he was a first round pick. You can dog him all you want after 4 games, but this kid will impress soon enough. I would have him on my team over Porter anyday.

Brian Lee will have a long a prosperous career in the NHL in due time, I simply said that when he was out there last WJC, Hablover, and he was outhere, he looked lost. I dont know what tourney you watched, but Brian Lee didnt ride the pine, he didnt log Pronger like minutes, but he was out there. He will be a fantastic player, and Ottawa will find that out soon enough.

Joe Palmer is no Billy Sauer. I am sorry, its not even close. You cant even compare the two. I have seen them both play, Palmer is good, he will be a second round pick at the highest, while Sauer who from every publication and scouting board knows is the best goalie in the 06' draft. He wont make this team, but will be a force next year.

I am sorry Hablover that your canuck boys couldnt even hold a candle to Americas talent this year, but I wouldnt call what I wrote "good job trying to pump these guys up." I might be new here, but you sir are an idiot. This team is loaded with first round picks, future first round picks, and just future all-star players. I dont have to pump them up, obviously everyone around the NHL who has drafted them and is salivating over drafting them soon has done a good enough job for me. You better pray Brule, Barker, and the like get to play for your team, because I wouldn't want to play the US this year.

espo*

You guys will be the favourite easily,still,ya gotta play the games yet!! I don't think anyone is just going to hand the medals to you.

I'm looking forward to the challenge,it'd be a nice upset for us if we can pull it off.I doubt we'll get pushed around.make sure you Come to play.........don't forget that. :)

Sticky*

AmericanDream said:
I strongly agree that the US should win this tourney. Like I stated above, they will win ONLY if they pick the best team unlike last years farce. Porter is a good kid, no doubt about it. He is not highly ranked as a prospect, but is a guts and grinder type of a player which is needed. I agree with the fact that you just cant throw out all-star teams, but most of the US's young guns are all around players who can mash it up. Pineault, LaValle, Stoa, Skille, Ryan, Gerbe, Fritsche, Wheeler, and Bourque is no slouch. Also with the punishing d-men in the johnsons, Sauer and Niskanen, who the hell needs more grinders? This team doesnt need a Weller, or even in my opinion a Porter although Porter does have more talent then Weller.

It does not matter if you did not get invited to the pre camp in August to make this team, USA has already said that. Stoa has 2 months to pick up his play and show why he was a first round pick. You can dog him all you want after 4 games, but this kid will impress soon enough. I would have him on my team over Porter anyday.

Brian Lee will have a long a prosperous career in the NHL in due time, I simply said that when he was out there last WJC, Hablover, and he was outhere, he looked lost. I dont know what tourney you watched, but Brian Lee didnt ride the pine, he didnt log Pronger like minutes, but he was out there. He will be a fantastic player, and Ottawa will find that out soon enough.

Joe Palmer is no Billy Sauer. I am sorry, its not even close. You cant even compare the two. I have seen them both play, Palmer is good, he will be a second round pick at the highest, while Sauer who from every publication and scouting board knows is the best goalie in the 06' draft. He wont make this team, but will be a force next year.

I am sorry Hablover that your canuck boys couldnt even hold a candle to Americas talent this year, but I wouldnt call what I wrote "good job trying to pump these guys up." I might be new here, but you sir are an idiot. This team is loaded with first round picks, future first round picks, and just future all-star players. I dont have to pump them up, obviously everyone around the NHL who has drafted them and is salivating over drafting them soon has done a good enough job for me. You better pray Brule, Barker, and the like get to play for your team, because I wouldn't want to play the US this year.

And I cant wait till Bourdon catches Kessel with his head down.

espo*

I hope a sound strategy for Kessel and company is being brainstormed as we speak,we are going to need it.

I love these challenges,overcoming odds are sweeter to me. Time for the game face,even this early.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
AmericanDream said:

I'm glad to see Canada isn't the only country with obnoxious and overconfident hockey fans.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
While I certainly agree with the fact that the US should win (I mentioned this earlier in the thread), I do believe that a contributing factor to why they should be favoured is the fact that it appears unlikely that all of Canada's best players will be available for the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad