USA Hockey: Team 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Rabid Ranger said:
What kills me is "experts" like you pissing on the team the U.S. iced at the World Cup this year when we were 1/2 a period away from going to the championship! It wasn't age or lack of talent that prevented us from getting there, merely two bad defensive lapses, that's it!

Doesn't take an "expert" to know they looked like they'd much rather be fishing with their grandkids than playing the Finns last Friday. Listen genius, all I'm saying is that although those players were once great, they needed an infusion of young blood. The only guy flying in the last game was Gomez - oh and Blake, who just skates like hell and does sweet FA.

Everyone else in the universe could see that, why can't you? "Two bad defensive lapses".....jeez... :shakehead

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
mpdman said:
Doesn't take an "expert" to know they looked like they'd much rather be fishing with their grandkids than playing the Finns last Friday. Listen genius, all I'm saying is that although those players were once great, they needed an infusion of young blood. The only guy flying in the last game was Gomez - oh and Blake, who just skates like hell and does sweet FA.

Everyone else in the universe could see that, why can't you? "Two bad defensive lapses".....jeez... :shakehead

Are you denying that if there was even slightly better coverage on the two Finnish goals the United States wouldn't have won? As for a team of old geezers, how old are you-12? In my experience, it's kids in middle school who think an average age of 32 is old. Oh, by-the-way, if the U.S. was so old and decrepit, how did they manage to keep the high flying Finns to 12 shots? Blocking shots with their wheelchairs?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Reilly311 said:
if Ryan Malone isn't on anyones list, please, send me the crack you are smoking.

He'll be on most if not all future U.S. national teams. He plays a very unique game, and stands to only get better.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Rabid Ranger said:
Oh, by-the-way, if the U.S. was so old and decrepit, how did they manage to keep the high flying Finns to 12 shots? Blocking shots with their wheelchairs?

"Flying Finns"?!?!?! Listen, these guys can skate, but you make it sound like they have 4 lines of Krutov-Makarov-Larionov!!!!!!!!!! :lol

"Everyone else in the hockey universe" (sound familiar?) knows the Finn game is to sit back an pounce on mistakes. The only way to beat them is to go at them like crazy. The 13 shots the US got does not indicate that their only error in the entire tourney was "2 defensive lapses". Jeez...again....

Is this your first time watching a "match of Ice Hockey"?...... :p:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
mpdman said:
"Flying Finns"?!?!?! Listen, these guys can skate, but you make it sound like they have 4 lines of Krutov-Makarov-Larionov!!!!!!!!!! :lol

"Everyone else in the hockey universe" (sound familiar?) knows the Finn game is to sit back an pounce on mistakes. The only way to beat them is to go at them like crazy. The 13 shots the US got does not indicate that their only error in the entire tourney was "2 defensive lapses". Jeez...again....

Is this your first time watching a "match of Ice Hockey"?...... :p:

Who said anything about one error? The U.S. was 1/2 a period away from the championship game, you can't deny that.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
JasonMacIsaac said:
You piss on the players that led USA to the WJC gold medal over team Canada.....not really smart.

Well it looks to be a long time before USA will ever have as good as teams as they iced in '96, '98, '02. Despite their WJC success, they wont ever be up at that level for a long time IMO. Who's the next Brian Leetch? Or Chelios for that matter? How about Hull, or even Modano? Robert Esche is no Mike Richter, or even Tom Barrasso. We'll have to see about Dipietro but, hey, what I'm saing is the truth and I know it can hurt! Maybe Mark Madden will agree with you.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Big Phil said:
Well it looks to be a long time before USA will ever have as good as teams as they iced in '96, '98, '02. Despite their WJC success, they wont ever be up at that level for a long time IMO. Who's the next Brian Leetch? Or Chelios for that matter? How about Hull, or even Modano? Robert Esche is no Mike Richter, or even Tom Barrasso. We'll have to see about Dipietro but, hey, what I'm saing is the truth and I know it can hurt! Maybe Mark Madden will agree with you.

Drivel from Big Phil isn't exactly like receiving a lesson in economics from Alan Greenspan. There's no doubt a golden age of American hockey has passed, but IMO, the future (even the immediate) looks bright, especially on defense and in goal. Don't woory, we'll be fine, despite your "warnings" to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad