USA Hockey improving nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
bonefizzle said:
Has nothing to do with the arguement about depth. Making this arguement because usa medals for the first time in forever is like saying that Italy and Argentina are greater then the US at producing basketball players because US won bronze in the olympics
Well said! Great analogy!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I think yesterday's game killed this thread and whatever the original poster was saying has been forgotten

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
wilka91 said:
I think yesterday's game killed this thread and whatever the original poster was saying has been forgotten

No. They did beat Russia earlier this week.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Herbie Verstinks said:
People who judge one game as a tetermination over whether a program is good or not are the biggest idiots. Name one team that has never been defeated by an underdog. If Russia and Sweden are such superpowers, why did they lose to the US? The US lost a game, but they are still the defending champs and they are still at the top of there division.

Had Corey Schneider shown up to play, this wouldnt even be a discussion.
True enough Herbie, but if look back at the two games previous and don't find problems with the way Team USA has been playing then you really haven't been watching. Just because a team pulls out a win, doesn't always mean they deserved to. What's more is that in tournaments like this, the round robin portion is meant to get better as you go on, and get your team set going into the elimination rounds.

Maybe I am alone on this, but I think the US team has played worse every game so far, and now they have the unenviable task of having to win against a team who is hungry and can smell the blood in the water. I hope Sandelin can better prepare his boys tonight than he obviously failed to do last night.

It's fine to blame Schneider for letting in some very weak goals, but Montoya did no better, and what's worse the US offence was non existant. First they allowed a team who had scord 4 goals in the tournament to score 5 in one game, and then the US couldn't score more than 3? It's not looking to good from where I'm sitting. They have the ability on paper atleast to still be a medal threat, but as they say in hockey......

THE GAMES ARE NOT WON ON PAPER, THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES ON THE ICE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->