US Broadcasts of Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
For those of us in the States who can't get TSN, what are our options?

IIRC, during the discussions on the Draft Lottery it was mentioned that some US Regional Sports channels - MSG, Fox Sports Whatever, etc - were going to carry the TSN feeds of the Draft Lottery and the Entry Draft itself. Unfortunately, the forum search is turned off.

Does anyone out there know which, if any, US channels may be carrying the draft?

If one is, I'll probably sign up for DirecTV's sports channel package, watch the draft, and then cancel it. Although it is a convenient companion to the Center Ice package for us on the West Coast, since many of the East Coast channels do replays at convenient West Coast times.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I know it'll be on MSG and I think it'll be streamed by tsn.ca.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
On ESPN or ESPN2

I believe that one of the ESPN channels will show at least the entire first round of the draft.

At least that is where I saw it last year?

Can anyone confirm that NESN or MSG will be using the TSN feed, that is the source that I want the most.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
nyhabsfan said:
I believe that one of the ESPN channels will show at least the entire first round of the draft.

Can anyone confirm that NESN or MSG will be using the TSN feed, that is the source that I want the most.

ESPN has the 2005 Bassmaster tournament and the WNBA (both live) on Saturday so they are probably out.

ESPN 2 has bowling and the 2005 US Open of Competitive Eating (seriously, go look at your channel listings, I am not kidding) :shakehead

ESPN is a joke

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
It may not mean anything but a lazy webmaster, but NESN's programming schedule on their site does not have the draft listed.

edit: confirmed! NESN's webmaster is lazy. Tvguide.com has NESN showing the draft :yo:

Last edited:

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
nyhabsfan said:

I think all the regional networks will have the TSN Feed maybe FSN Pitt will have there own cameras for interviews with Crosby.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
SPORTSMANIAC said:
For last time ESPN opted out of there contract with NHL!!! That means ESPN won't show the Draft!!!

It'll probably still be the best NHL broadcast that ESPN has ever done!!! I hope that Spike TV picks the NHL up. ESPN's coverage was a joke, many times they'd take the camera off of fights, wow great hockey coverage!!!

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
I asked the same question.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=155094

The bottom line is that a bunch of the Regional Sports Networks will be carrying the TSN feed: MSG, NESN, Altitude (Denver), Comacst Sports Net (Philly, Chicago, Mid Atlantic).

Both NESN and MSG list it on their TV schedules.

If you're not in one of these markets, you'll need to be able to sign up with a satellite of cable provider that has an out of market RSN package.

I plan on signing up for DirecTV's Sports Pack (all the RSNs with live games blacked out) to watch the draft.

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
Does anyone know if there is a website that you can sign up for automatic text messaging for the NHL draft?

I am going to be camping this weekend and I will go insane without knowing who goes where!

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
For Bay Area fans, doesn't appear that FSN will have it. Instead we're glamoured with the always zany and fun "Paid Programming" :madfire: .

bit82

Jul 12, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Draft not on ESPN2??

Is the draft going to be on ESPN2? I don't think it is. It says on nhl.com, it's on TSN, RDS, NHL.com. I'm gonna be mad if it's not on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad