Upside of Pushkarov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
How good could this kid be..?

I know he was a late blooomer interms that people haden't really heard much about him until shortly before the draft but he may have been teh best secondl iner availble ..you think...?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Qubax said:
How good could this kid be..?

I know he was a late blooomer interms that people haden't really heard much about him until shortly before the draft but he may have been teh best secondl iner availble ..you think...?

Detroit wanted him bad....

They say he's going to turn out like Grigorenko, similar style and talent level. Thats just what i've heard though.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Wow Grigorenko-ish..?

I had no idea that Pushkarov was sought after by Detroit that's always a good sign if your a European prospect...

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Wow...

Kingpurpledinosaur dude...your LA team has maybe the best collection of young players....Brown, Grebshkov, Pushkarov, Boyle, it goes on and on, Aulin , Cammalerrli...

YOu really think that Pushkarov can rise above the fray and play for this team in a couple years...

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Qubax said:
Wow...

Kingpurpledinosaur dude...your LA team has maybe the best collection of young players....Brown, Grebshkov, Pushkarov, Boyle, it goes on and on, Aulin , Cammalerrli...

YOu really think that Pushkarov can rise above the fray and play for this team in a couple years...

Yeah, too bad they can't play NOW (then again, what with the injury curse, they'd probably just get hurt once they played for the Kings).

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
not only are our veterans getting injured, our prospects r too...aulin and cammalerri were injured much of last year and they're already injured this year...this is bad..not only cant we play with our regular roster, but our young players cant be developed either!!!

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Qubax said:
Wow...

Don't forget Jeff Tambellini and Sergei Anshakov.
Anshakov just had a 3 point game in the RSL.

Also, defenseman Richard Petiot at Colorado College and Greg Hogeboom at Miami of Ohio are 2 underrated prospects. Even goalie Ryan Munce is a good prospect.

zeppelin97

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Herby said:
Correct, Detroit did offer their 2004 1st rnd pick to Los Angeles to try and get Pushkarov.

Thats hard to believe. I'm guessing detroit must have offered that to several teams (before pick #44) and its kinda hard to see another team turn that down.

Anyway, if its true, kings brass must think high of this kid.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
zetterberg40 said:
i highly doubt that....

I wouldn't be that suprised. I remember reading that Phoenix had offered something along those lines as well to try and move into the later part of the 1st round and snag him. Apparently there were 2 or 3 other teams who really wanted the kid and Phoenix and Detroit were among them.

The kid's upside is supposed to be massive.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
zetterberg40 said:
i highly doubt that....

well, a 1st round draft pick from the red wings may be near worthless int he 2004 draft, if it is as top heavy as it seems to be. since 2003 had talent running all the way down to the 3rd round, it'd be smarter to keep ur 2nd rounder 2003 and pick up some good guy who woulda gone higher had it been any other draft, than to go over the late 1st rounder 2004

but tha'ts just my opinion. we'll have to see how this all turns out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->