Update: Engelland announces retirement

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Should be assistant coach for the Silver Knights with an eye to eventually moving to assistant coach for the Golden Knights if he prove himself. Would be cool if he eventually became head coach.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
@Vegan Knight it really depends on what he wants to do post-playing career. Right now there is no alumni group that can be a voice to the public.

He may decide to do player development or coaching in the future. (That's a lot of work. Forced-due-to-stroke AHL player John McCarthy transitioned to coaching last season after his health got taken care of; he was amazed at the hours the coaches have to put in. He's now in development.)

Or he might decide he wants to learn the business side of things (a path to president of franchise or working with sponsors).

An ambassador might be a good first step regardless of the direction he decides.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Anyone else think Engelland should be signed to the taxi squad this year. I want the young kids playing for Henderson, not sitting and watching NHL games.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Anyone else think Engelland should be signed to the taxi squad this year. I want the young kids playing for Henderson, not sitting and watching NHL games.
Henderson will start play earliest February 5th. Bischoff is also 26, and Schuldt nearly 26 too at the moment the season starts, they're not really young kids anymore.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Henderson will start play earliest February 5th. Bischoff is also 26, and Schuldt nearly 26 too at the moment the season starts, they're not really young kids anymore.
And Schuldt and Bischoff will still be better off playing in AHL games than watching NHL games.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Games starting in February. So who does VGK replace them with on the Taxi squad a month into the season? If you fill the taxi squad with guys you want to have in Henderson in February, you won't have anyone for the taxi squad at that point. I would prefer vet minimum salaries on the taxi squad. Guys who can play at a moments notice after not playing for a month. If you are on the taxi squad, I would expect them to not be with the organization the following year. Taxi squad guys should be expendable and not guys you want to develop.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks,

I think it’s fitting that Deryk be the first Golden Knight in history to retire. He was never expected to amount to much and surprised everyone with his hard work and dedication to his career & team. Congratulations on starting to develop some franchise history.

All the best to everyone here as we approach the Holidays and enjoy the WJC’s.

0D7E677F-D72D-4768-A902-FD8779D9D608.gif

Excited for GDT’s next month.....

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Hi folks,

I think it’s fitting that Deryk be the first Golden Knight in history to retire. He was never expected to amount to much and surprised everyone with his hard work and dedication to his career & team. Congratulations on starting to develop some franchise history.

All the best to everyone here as we approach the Holidays and enjoy the WJC’s.

View attachment 380167

Excited for GDT’s next month.....
Technically he's the 3rd.... but really actually he's the first :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad