Upcoming Schedule + How many points do the Leafs end up with ?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2018-2-9_8-12-23.png

Only play 5 games against teams with more points.
Seems pretty light.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
View attachment 96715

Only play 5 games against teams with more points.
Seems pretty light.

Well there are also games against the Pens (2), Capitals (1), Stars (1), Preds (1), Devils (1)

All competitive, good teams at or close to the Leafs' level. Plus a couple against the Isles, who are a bubble team and should be playing desperation hockey.

A lot against weaker divisional opponents though. Not a bad schedule, especially with so many home games to go, but it also has its share of tougher games.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Also one point to note is that Florida, 17 points behind the Leafs have 5 games in hand, is on a roll (winners of 4 in a row). And they still play the Leafs 3 more times this season.

They're probably the only team in the Atlantic that has a chance at catching the Leafs (albeit it is small).

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Also one point to note is that Florida, 17 points behind the Leafs have 5 games in hand, is on a roll (winners of 4 in a row). And they still play the Leafs 3 more times this season.

They're probably the only team in the Atlantic that has a chance at catching the Leafs (albeit it is small).

Florida better do something about that hideous road record if they wanna have any chance in catching us

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I wouldn't focus on which games are tough, but which games shouldn't be tough. We play Det, Fla, and Buf quite a few times. These should all be easy wins.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
There aren't many teams that have more points than us! Looks good on paper, but even if teams are looking up at us via the standings, we can't be looking down at them via preparations for the game. We've created a good situation for ourselves so far. Hopefully we maintain that at worst, or better yet, improve upon it.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
This is the "weaker" part of our schedule if you had to name it. Can't take anyone lightly, but this is the point where we can feast on the weaker teams in our division.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well there are also games against the Pens (2), Capitals (1), Stars (1), Preds (1), Devils (1)

All competitive, good teams at or close to the Leafs' level. Plus a couple against the Isles, who are a bubble team and should be playing desperation hockey.

A lot against weaker divisional opponents though. Not a bad schedule, especially with so many home games to go, but it also has its share of tougher games.
Maybe in some ways when they played 3 home games and 10 road games in the month of December will have been worth it, because it meant more games later on in the season.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
This is the "weaker" part of our schedule if you had to name it. Can't take anyone lightly, but this is the point where we can feast on the weaker teams in our division.
It actually kind of scares me. These are the games where we could just as easily 'let down'.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

I am not overly concerned. That team is riddled with holes.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2018-2-13_14-5-45.png

24 games left. We have 73 points.

How many points do we end up with ?

I say 105.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I predict us going 15-6-3

That would have us finish with 106 points. (Which points and wins wise, would be the best season by a Leafs team ever.)

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
We've got a favorable schedule ahead, now they just need to go out and take advantage of it. I really hope they do and think they will for the most part.
I'll guess just under 100 points.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
We play Buffalo 4 times in under a month. What an odd schedule :laugh:

Couple pretty tough games coming up though in Columbus and Pittsburgh.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I really do not want to go over board - for me 100 points is going to be quiet a feet

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
we have 4 games against a Buffalo team that's missing eichel. There's no such thing as a free win, but that's as close as it gets

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
105 points, exactly as follows:

Datevs/@OpponentScorePointsRecap
Wed, Feb 14vsColumbus4-2 L0Valentine's day has the young Leafs distracted, while Torts and Columbus are much more focused
Sat, Feb 17@Pittsburgh4-3 OTL1Leafs almost pull it off, but the red hot Penguins show their muscle and Sid scores in OT
Sun, Feb 18@Detroit5-2 W2Leafs bounce back in the Motor City as McElhinney has a strong start to the game, and Matthews scores 2 to seal the win
Tue, Feb 20vsFlorida3-1 W2Leafs continue to roll back home, JVR gets the winner on our old friend James Reimer
Thu, Feb 22vsNY Islanders5-3 W2Islanders defense and goaltending is no match for the Leafs' potent offense… meaningless John Tavares talk all day
Sat, Feb 24vsBoston4-3 W2Revenge for the Leafs after the last embaressment in Beantown... Bruins realize they are in tough if they meet the Leafs in the postseason
Mon, Feb 26@Tampa Bay5-3 L0Tampa gets their revenge at home, as Stamkos nets 2 goals
Tue, Feb 27@Florida3-2 OTL1Florida also gets their revenge, and everyone in Leaf land goes into panic mode after back-to-back losses
Sat, Mar 3@Washington3-2 W (OT)2Leafs play a solid playoff-style game as Nylander nets the winner late in OT after a John Carlson turnover deep in his own zone
Mon, Mar 5@Buffalo4-1 W2Leafs handle the Eichel-less Sabres with ease as the HSBC Arena is packed with Leaf fans
Sat, Mar 10vsPittsburgh3-2 L0Kessel scores the winner early in the third and the Penguins hang on to win
Wed, Mar 14vsDallas4-2 W2Leafs bounce back from Saturday's loss with a full 60-min effort. Kadri gets 2, each set up nicely by Marner
Thu, Mar 15@Buffalo2-1 W (OT)2McElhinney has another strong outing, the Sabres play well but ultimately lose in the shootout
Sat, Mar 17vsMontreal4-0 W2Andersen delivers the shutout and Matthews gets 2 beauties for the easy win
Tue, Mar 20@Tampa Bay3-1 L0Another tough game in Tampa, as the Bolts flex their muscle including a lethal powerplay one-timer from Kucherov
Thu, Mar 22@Nashville4-3 L0Nashville shows their playoff form and gets revenge for their last matchup with a late goal from Forsberg
Sat, Mar 24vsDetroit5-1 W2Leafs bounce back with a convincing win against the garbage Wings
Mon, Mar 26vsBuffalo4-1 W2Sabres are no match in this one. Hat trick for Willy
Wed, Mar 28vsFlorida3-2 W2Hard fought game, Panthers actually deserve the win but Leafs pull it off
Fri, Mar 30@NY Islanders4-2 L0Islanders play a solid home game and win by two after an empty netter
Sat, Mar 31vsWinnipeg5-3 L0McElhinney can't handle the Jets offense early and often
Mon, Apr 2vsBuffalo4-0 W2Convincing win against the hapless Sabres
Thu, Apr 5@New Jersey3-2 W2Nice final road game tune up for the playoffs
Sat, Apr 7vsMontreal6-2 W2Final regular season game, everyone shows up as good pros and they send the Habs off to the golf course and get ready to go to Boston for the first round of the playoffs
Total Remaining Points32
Current Points73
Total105
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think we're pacing for 103 points right now and even with our favorable schedule is think we're going to come in under 100

I think this because we're going to be resting guys well before the end of the regular season and we're going to have bugger all to fight for until the playoffs start

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad