Speculation: Upcoming Expansion Draft Discussion

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Indeed, especially given Treliving won't be making any moves before the season starts. :(

Not sure why the age of the goalie is relevant in any way.

Age of goalie is relevant due to having to eat boiled applesauce for dinner. Which is quite soft.

False. We will definitely miss his toughness
Certainly missed it last year.

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
He can answer the bell and get murdered if he takes on guys Engelland used to take on (Lucic 2x, Boll, Iginla).

He also probably wouldn't be stupid enough to take that Iginla fight. That fight was incredibly poor decision making, as it was a fight that A. was a no-win situation and B. it's a known fact that Iginla is more likely to become a force in a game if he gets into a fight.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Also absolutely punished Johansen.

Johansen is margarine-soft.

You guys are missing the point here, the enforcer's position is based entirely around the opposing team being afraid to fight you. Ferland is still a kid, has a dozen fights to his name and is not feared in the same respect that a veteran like Engelland was. Bennett is a non-factor, he hasn't fought anyone with teeth. Hathaway won't play much for us next year, and has the same problem as Ferland. The closest thing we have to a deterrent is Gio, and that's a) not something he should be expected to do, and b) not something he's built to do.

I second the idea that bringing back Jarome might be wise. Guy has done his time and is still one of the best fighters in the league. We could also get him for next to nothing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just don't think it's worth it's having the enforcer take up a position.
I'd honestly rather have the rat into today's NHL than the enforcer, tbh.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Flames are set here. Tkachuk, Bennett (when he fills outs), and Hathaway.

That would actually be pretty good line :laugh:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Not a pure enforcer but at least someone that makes guys like Josh Manson have second thought before taking liberties on little Johnny

Golds

May 19, 2017
**** gmgm. First he trades away forsberg for **** then takes Schmidt away from me :cry:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
:laugh: So whatever then? Expansion had literally no effect on us and we get to play this tire fire in our division next year. I call that a win.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Wonder if BT can get dman or two from Vegas. Methot or Schlemko will do :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->