Proposal: Unsigned Erik Karlsson to Edmonton

Is this trade fair?

• Total voters

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
No, I'm suggesting you could be in the same position. That you will have no control over what he does. You have window you can trade him. Statements like "He will not be traded without an extension" implies you are willing to be in the position the Islanders are currently in.

I admire your confidence. I hope you keep him until his contract expires and we'll see how wise you thought not trading him without an extension was while you're sweating.
Please post a link where the Isles put Tavares on the trade block?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Please post a link where the Isles put Tavares on the trade block?
Where did I say they did? I said if you do not trade him you risk their position. It's not that complicated.
I literally used the phrase "You could be in the same position" you quoted it....

Reactions: Jamin

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Where did I say they did? I said if you do not trade him you risk their position. It's not that complicated.
I literally used the phrase "You could be in the exact same position" you quoted it....
You stated the Sens have no control.

You are wrong.

Karlsson, if traded, will be a sign and trade or trade and sign that has been pre negotiated, so the price paid will reflect his full value.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You stated the Sens have no control.

You are wrong.

Karlsson, if traded, will be a sign and trade or trade and sign that has been pre negotiated, so the price paid will reflect his full value.

I'm not wrong, you're coming off as desperate. You can trade him to the teams on his list, he is under no obligation to sign an extension. You hope he does, I get this, but it is possible it does not happen. You can refuse to trade him without an extension but then you risk losing him for nothing.

I'm not sure why you do not grasp this?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I'm not wrong, you're coming off as desperate. You can trade him to the teams on his list, he is under no obligation to sign an extension. You hope he does, I get this, but it is possible it does not happen. You can refuse to trade him without an extension but then you risk losing him for nothing.

I'm not sure why you do not grasp this?
I grasp that you are pushing the worst case agenda.

It won't happen.

Karlsson would have to intentionally want to screw over the Sens/Ottawa and NOTHING suggests that is even a remote possibility.

If they can't meet his asking price, they'll let hiz agent find teamS willing to do so.

If you think the market for EK is one team, then you are delusional.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I grasp that you are pushing the worst case agenda.

It won't happen.

Karlsson would have to intentionally want to screw over the Sens/Ottawa and NOTHING suggests that is even a remote possibility.

If they can't meet his asking price, they'll let hiz agent find teamS willing to do so.

If you think the market for EK is one team, then you are delusional.

Or maybe he just wants more time to decide, or maybe the team of his choice will not have the cap space for him until another year passed.

See, my point never was this is what will happen, just something that could despite all denials by your Senator brethren. Unlike you I am not making psychic predictions and stating them as fact.

I fully expect he will be traded this summer and I think there is a good chance he is extended, I am just aware of the possibility other things can happen.

Try reality sometime. Arguing with people who confront you with it by using your hopes and dreams as counter arguments is not going to get you very far on any medium in life except maybe the kindergarten playground.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Or maybe he just wants more time to decide, or maybe the team of his choice will not have the cap space for him until another year passed.

See, my point never was this is what will happen, just something that could despite all denials by your Senator brethren. Unlike you I am not making psychic predictions and stating them as fact.

I fully expect he will be traded this summer and I think there is a good chance he is extended, I am just aware of the possibility other things can happen.

Try reality sometime. Arguing with people who confront you with it by using your hopes and dreams as counter arguments is not going to get you very far on any medium in life except maybe the kindergarten playground.
You're posting your hopes and dreams and framing it as reality.

I assume that Dorion is smarter than you appear to be and that Karlsson doesn't want to screw the Sens.

If either of those facts are incorrect, then you will be a happy little Leafer and the Sens will have to deal an unsigned EK.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You're posting your hopes and dreams and framing it as reality.

I assume that Dorion is smarter than you appear to be and that Karlsson doesn't want to screw the Sens.

If either of those facts are incorrect, then you will be a happy little Leafer and the Sens will have to deal an unsigned EK.
Now you aren't making any sense. My hopes and dreams are what? That he gets traded with an extension?
That he isn't? I really don't care what happens unless he's traded to the Leafs.

You are getting into personal attacks because I have shown your posts to this point have been foolish. I don't root against the Sens, I wish them well. You are demonstrating a bizarre paranoia because someone has simply pointed out other possibilities you refuse to acknowledge.

Dorion's intelligence also may not matter, this is the lack of control you refuse to acknowledge. Obviously he is going to try and get maximum value, that was never in question. The question is what will his options really be and how much will Karlsson cooperate. We just don't know.

A word of advice though. If you are going to questions someone's intellect you should at the very least have demonstrated on some level you can follow the conversation and grasp the facts. You might also look up the word ironic.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Lets say "Half of this" is Larsson+2018 1st. You're on some really good drugs if you think Edmonton wouldn't make that trade in a heartbeat for an unsigned Karlsson, let alone for a guaranteed 9 years of him.

Youre on something if you think oilers would. Decline moving any long term asset for an unsigned Karlsson

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Now you aren't making any sense. My hopes and dreams are what? That he gets traded with an extension?
Your hopes and dreams come through in every post.

You want the Sens to get little or no return on Karlsson.

It's not happening mate, sorry.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Your hopes and dreams come through in every post.

You want the Sens to get little or no return on Karlsson.

It's not happening mate, sorry.

Nope, you're dead wrong. I'm simply trying to show you a bigger picture. Let's not waste any more of each other's time. You seem to take different opinions very personally and not for learning opportunity they should be.

You said "It will be this way"
I simply said " It could also go this way"

You have transformed that into some sort of malicious agenda when nothing I have written implies or supports that. It' a little sad really.

You are embarrassing yourself with emotional irrational comments, you should quit while you're behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: yababy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Nope, you're dead wrong. I'm simply trying to show you a bigger picture. Let's not waste any more of each other's time. You seem different opinions very personally and not for learning opportunity they should be.

You said "It will be this way"
I simply said " It could also go this way"

You have transformed that into some sort of malicious agenda when nothing I have written implies or supports that. It' a little sad really.

You are embarrassing yourself with emotional irrational comments, you should quit while you're behind.

Thanks for the valiant attempt to "show me the bigger picture".

The scenario you are painting as a realistic possibility simply isn't, no matter how badly you want it to be.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Thanks for the valiant attempt to "show me the bigger picture".

The scenario you are painting as a realistic possibility simply isn't, no matter how badly you want it to be.

I really don't care. Get over it.

If you say it's going to rain next Saturday and I say it could rain Sunday it does not mean I care either way.

Tell you what, review my post history and if you find one post where I show I hate the Sens I will admit it, apologize and wear a Sens logo as my avatar for a month. Until then, please drop the conspiracy theories and your unsupportable accusations.

Jan 21, 2018
For a year of Karlsson? Absolutely not, OP.

Do you actually think a team trading for Karlsson is going to let Karlsson walk after one year?

No team will let him hit free agency. So if a team is trading for him, they will have already agreed upon re-signing him. Or they will make the trade after July 1st so they can re-sign him immediately upon trade, which is the most likely scenario in my mind.

Anyone who says they are only trading for one year of Karlsson clearly doesn't understand hockey at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->