Proposal: Unsigned Erik Karlsson to Edmonton

Is this trade fair?

• Total voters

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Is it fair? Yeah. Does it excite me as a sens fan? I mean, not really.

I doubt he gets traded unsigned. Everyone says "sign and trades never happen", and they don't often. But trading of franchise players also never happen. If Edmonton is giving up a lot of assets, they want the guarantee.

I also don't really see a scenario where Karlsson goes to EDM without one of Draisaitl or RNH being the main piece coming back.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
We have seen so many bad trades regarding EK. Term is so important in a trade. And a out of the playoff team isn't giving up top assets (including potentially a lottery pick next year) for just one year of EK.
I really can't see the Oilers even being in the running for EK. McDavid and Leon that's 21m and Karlson would put them at over 30 for three players. And there is nothing in for EK to sign early in a silly sign and trade. Does folks really think Edmonton would be a favoured destination for EK?

Reactions: north49er

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Is it fair? Yeah. Does it excite me as a sens fan? I mean, not really.

I also don't really see a scenario where Karlsson goes to EDM without one of Draisaitl or RNH being the main piece coming back.

Do you think any other team offers more than this package? Seems to me why get so much "homerism" on upcoming UFAs and home fans want playing value instead trading value. It only takes one team to make a deal, but I think the return for EK is going to a lot lower than what many Sens fans expect. One reason is there are few teams in a position to make an offer that fits there team short term and long term.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I don't see why unsigned vs signed matters here. Other teams will offer deals based on a sign and trade, so Edmonton would have to match those offers regardless.

If there is no guarantee he will stay, why would a team make a big offer/part with quality/core assets to acquire him, that seems like a logical point.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Lol at this package not 'exciting' the Sens fans... Karlsson signed or unsigned isnt returning half of this.

Lets say "Half of this" is Larsson+2018 1st. You're on some really good drugs if you think Edmonton wouldn't make that trade in a heartbeat for an unsigned Karlsson, let alone for a guaranteed 9 years of him.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Unsigned Karlsson and a 'no' vote option seem to have some chemistry between each other, I can't seem to put my finger on it

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Absolutely can not make that trade unless they get a prearranged signing as part of it. They would have to add probably to get a signed Karlsson.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Is Edmonton okay with moving Drai to fit him going forward because they're not very likely to win the cup next year and they're going to have even worse depth than they do now if they re-sign EK and keep paying both Drai and McDavid.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
:sens RNH + Ethan Bear/Poolparty/Yamoto + 2018 1st + 2019 Cond. 2nd (becomes 1st if resigns)

:edmonton Erik Karlsson + JG Pageau

pucku33

Dec 12, 2013
We have seen so many bad trades regarding EK. Term is so important in a trade. And a out of the playoff team isn't giving up top assets (including potentially a lottery pick next year) for just one year of EK.

a 2019 3rd (NYI) has potential to be a lottery pick?

Jan 21, 2018
Is Drai for Karlsson(signed) worthwhile for either team?

Sens get an elite winger locked with term, and can experiment with him at C to see if he can carry his own line.

Oilers get the best dman on the planet, and with McDavid the team should be a playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad