Prospect Info: Unsigned Draft Picks

DevinH2004

Nov 29, 2009
I'm always interested in keeping tabs on our draft picks and three guys who I don't know even qualify as our picks anymore stand out.

Just wondering if anyone had any information on:

Max Everson
Fabrice Herzog
Pierre Engvall

I think the last one is just playing in Swedish Elite and we have his rights for the next couple of years.

I doubt any of them pan out but I'm just interested to hear about them.

MapleLife*

Everson was a massive bust, widely considered the worst prospect we own the rights to, but we drafted him late so who cares

Herzog had a really disappointing season last year, I believe the scout that was pushing for him was fired during the cleaning house at the end of the season.

Engvall was a project-pick. Very big and raw with a lot of upside. Had a pretty good season but its still to soon to know what we have in him. Next year he's playing against men and we'll probably have a better idea

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Everson and Herzog rights are expiring this year I believe.

Engvall is a promising kid in Sweden. Project Pick. Had a fairly good season last year.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Everson was decent, but he's probably nothing more than bottom pairing/depth player quality, and I wouldn't give him more than an AHL contract. He is very underrated though.

Herzog played on the 4th line of the top level Men's Swiss league. He only put up 6 goals and 2 assists for 8 points, but he is a strong player and improved his game away from the puck. Just remember that this guy almost went PPG with Quebec in his first NA season; he can score. He moves to ZSC, a team with which we have a development and scouting agreement. He should be able to get far more minutes. He may be used as a trade chip at some point too, because he is old regime and the guy whom scouted him was fired.

Engvall is super raw and played well last year. Still have some time with him. We'll see what happens, but he looks good so far.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Did we not draft him from the QMJHL or did he go there his draft+1 year?

Herzog was drafted out of Zug in the NLA (Swiss top division). He then came over to the QMJHL, was basically a PPG guy, played the World Juniors then ended the season with the Marlies. Then last year he returned to Zug.

So we have him for 4 years total I believe, and 2 have gone up. So we still own his rights.

I would like to keep him. He has some scoring ability and has size. No harm in letting him play out next year, then we decide what we have

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
A lot of ppl are sleeping on Engvall or don't know about him !! He has a GREAT season. raw ? yes but he can be really good

And with our ever-growing swedish mafia, he will fit in quite easy

DevinH2004

Nov 29, 2009
Awesome thanks for the info guys.

Essentially Everson and Herzog are not in our development line anymore, but Engvall is still right there is what I'm getting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad