Unofficial 230+ Pages of the CBA [You're Welcome]

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
it takes 130 pages to lay out the first 48 Articles; everything from free agency (restricted and unrestricted), draft rules, team compensation for free agency, waivers, arbitration, pensions and all the other standard looking legal-eze from the previous CBA.

Article 49 changes all of that: "PLAYER COMPENSATION COST REDISTRIBUTION SYSTEM" takes almost twenty pages.

Article 50: "TEAM PAYROLL RANGE SYSTEM" takes the final 75 pages of this document. try to guess what that it.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
:yo: I finally have an excuse not to be with the wife this weekend!!!!

50.2(c)(iv) - the "Vladimir Malakhov" clause.
50.5(b) - how the upper and lower limits are calculated

Most of this - :eek: I'm gonna need some time to go through this.

Last edited:

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
And the CBA nerds rejoice.

I'm not gonna ask where you got this (ok I will, but I expect an evasive answer if anything), but a big

THANK YOU skk_82

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
:teach: This jumps from Article 33 to Article 47.

Something else:

(l) During the period following 3:00 p.m. New York time of the fortieth (40th) day immediately preceding the final day of the Regular Season no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:
(i) A Club may exercise four Recalls from a club or clubs of any league affiliated with the NHL, of Player(s) listed on its own Reserve List.
(ii) Players may be Recalled under Article 13.12(m).
(iii) Players may be Recalled upon completion of the regular season and playoff schedule of the club to which they were Loaned.

This does not apply to emergency recalls. So while there is no roster limit after the trade deadline, each team is limited by that 4-recall rule.

I am Jack's Fish

Now I want to personally request for some of the more ignorant members who continue to blame Bettman for certain things, to please read the whole section about the competition committee in Article 22?

Thanks, and please remember that whenever you whine about Bettman ruining the game...

thanks.

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
Irish Blues said:
:teach: This jumps from Article 33 to Article 47.

that's because you're not ready to handle the middle ;)

no honestly, i didn't have that. the main points i want, were the cap and the revenue definitions and salary constraints. got what i wanted, so i really can't complain.

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
putting my skepticism aside for a minute, if this is pieces of the real document, THANK YOU!

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Actually, the most recent Hockey News reveals why the CBA hasn't been published yet - it isn't finished!

The final version should be ratified in the next few weeks. I guess nobody wanted to release a draft version.

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
Actually, the most recent Hockey News reveals why the CBA hasn't been published yet - it isn't finished!

The final version should be ratified in the next few weeks. I guess nobody wanted to release a draft version.

yeah, from what i've been lead to understand that's true.

but what i've posted almost certainly is what's up for ratification. and at this point, it's just a ceremony away from being official.

albertGQ

Jul 1, 2005
Calgary
skk_82 said:
yeah, from what i've been lead to understand that's true.

but what i've posted almost certainly is what's up for ratification. and at this point, it's just a ceremony away from being official.

How did you get access to this anyway?

Just curious

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Burke's Evil Spirit said:

If it isn't finished, then how can they allow the players to play?!?

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
nyrmessier011 said:
he's bob goodenow

actually i won a bet against janet jones :sarcasm:

Clint said:
If it isn't finished, then how can they allow the players to play?!?

because there just wasn't enough time. it's taken months for both sides to compose this massive document, let alone comb through it (neither side wants to get caught in a loophole) and make minor corrections.

the owners ended the lockout and play resumed when they and the players association agreed on the main terms of the CBA (salary cap, revenue agreements, UFA ages, arbitration rules, etc). it just takes a little time to get it all converted into formal legal-eze. they could have waited until every little detail was finalized, but everyone wanted to get started with this 05/06 season.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I still don't understand how they could start the season without much of the CBA finalized and in writing? I understand how the general concepts of the cap, arbitration, ufa ages, etc., could be understood, but how could they feasibly enforce certain minor clauses which weren't finalized or necessarily understood by the start of say, free agency or the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->