United We Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Flames Go*

I love hockey always have always will, but what the players have done to the game, and there failure to recognize it and also how hard headed and arrogant they are makes me sick. Once there under control with the cap all will be well.

YellHockey*

Go Flames Go said:
I love hockey always have always will, but what the players have done to the game, and there failure to recognize it and also how hard headed and arrogant they are makes me sick. Once there under control with the cap all will be well.

What the players have done to the game?

Are you six years old? Because no one with any education would place all the blame squarely on the shoulders of the players.

All they've done is play the sport they love and try to make as much money as they can doing so. There isn't one of us here who wouldn't do the same thing if they had the talent to be an NHL player.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
I think some of the responses on this thread appropriately point out very clearly that some people really need to get a sense of humor regarding this CBA/Union/NHL rubbish.............

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Go Flames Go said:
I love hockey always have always will, but what the players have done to the game, and there failure to recognize it and also how hard headed and arrogant they are makes me sick.

What the players have done to the game? From your own link it clearly states the owners accept full responsibility for what THEY did.

"They're blaming us for getting where we are and we're assuming full responsibility for that. But they're not agreeing with our cure for it."

I suggest reading the document prior to posting it.

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't say the players have done this to the game but their failure to come to terms with the fact that the NHL is in serious trouble is mind boggling.

Vomiting Kermit*

NHLA is getting ownered!

omg,i cant believe i just said that

CalgaryThrasher

Feb 28, 2003
Calgary Alberta Cana
Visit site
1) The Owners need to admit publicly that they need Cost certainty to protect themselves from themselves. It's the truth.

2) The NHLPA needs to suck it up and accept a Cap because it's the only thing that will keep this league going long term.

Nuff said.

CoolburnIsGone

ArtG said:
I wouldn't say the players have done this to the game but their failure to come to terms with the fact that the NHL is in serious trouble is mind boggling.
Offering a 24% rollback sounds like they're not failing to come to terms with the state of the league. The players just disagree with the actual numbers and the solution to the problem. And I can't see Goodenow EVER fearing Bettman...in any way, shape, or form (not that its necessarily a good thing)!

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
they may be offering a rollback.. but they're still not guaranteeing anything...

Goodenow isn't stupid. He wouldn't make such a radical offer if there wasn't something in it for the players -- and there is. It would be the same system and when free agency comes around again for big name players they'll just get big money again.. etc..

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Except the owners didn't ask for a rollback. Again, the PA "solves" a problem that the NHL didn't complain about.

It's like complaining to the neighbours about the loud music, and they shovel the sidewalk. Gee, that's nice and all, but about that music...

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
TexSen said:
I think some of the responses on this thread appropriately point out very clearly that some people really need to get a sense of humor regarding this CBA/Union/NHL rubbish.............

Some people just love to argue!

Makes little difference if they have a good understanding of one or many different aspects of the business world, or they get that "deer in the headlights" thing going whenever something even slightly technical is explained.

You could say that some have over-blown egos (which is possible), but I'm still banking that most just love the cycle of; point, counter-point, ad nauseum. Not the worst thing in the world, but taken with a grain of salt as always.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
What's the point of the rollback? They're just setting the clock back a few years. And a few years down the road, we're just gonna be right back here again. Let's get this over with now, not put it off for a while.

HckyFght*

Nobody has done anything to anybody. The players made out like bandits in the 90's and 00's and should thank their lucky stars...But it's simply time for a major correction. That being said, it is true that it's easier to give something than to take something away. The players will go along kicking and screaming but they will go along. Neither side should ever have used the word "never." It paints you in a corner from which there's no way out. Heads will now have to roll on the side which blinks first. All indications are it will be the union that goes down. And that is as it should be, it is after all, not their league.
-HckyFght!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad