Delta Airlines unique way of dealing with a passenger with MS

Sep 19, 2008
Nah. I'll fly the cheapest airline. I'm not the dumbass that offered to give up my seat, then refused, then resisted arrest. That guy knew exactly what he was doing. Not the first time he's been involved in scketchy stuff!

But hey, please boycott. Even cheaper seats and I can have the entire row to myself.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ual-passenger-ceo-idUSKBN17Y1J8

U.S. lawmakers threatened United Airlines and other carriers on Tuesday with legislation aimed at improving customer service after a passenger was hauled down the aisle of a flight last month.

Top airline executives testified to the House of Representatives transportation committee and promised to address customer service failures at the hearing held to consider ways to address passenger frustrations with problems such as overbooking.

The industry breathed a sigh of relief after the four-hour hearing, in which lawmakers did not outline any immediate plans for increased oversight on the largely deregulated sector.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Why was I quoted?

I don't support bad customer service. I'm just not an idiot that causes issues with authority figures, regardless of right or wrong.
As for united, they've never done me wrong. I've been screwed by Delta, American and a few airports that I now avoid, if possible.

Sep 19, 2008
Why was I quoted?

I don't support bad customer service. I'm just not an idiot that causes issues with authority figures, regardless of right or wrong.
As for united, they've never done me wrong. I've been screwed by Delta, American and a few airports that I now avoid, if possible.

Because you acted as if United did nothing wrong when they clearly did terrible customer service :popcorn:

Sep 19, 2008
Bill Burr rambling about how unfair United was :laugh:

"Ya know what he did? He paid for his seat, that's what he did!"

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I'll go into the airline economics of what happened.

United was hit hard by 9/11. Continental, less so. UA even had go into Chapter 11. Their management teams decided to shift a lot of lift to regional carriers. The regionals pay pilots a lot less than their major carrier. Both United and Continental exploited this to the fullest. While Delta was running mainline aircraft from EWR-ATL, Continental was running 50 seat regional jets on the route. Both Continental and United overexposed themselves to regional carriers.

Fast forward to 2017. The economy is fine, but pilots hired in the 80s are retiring en masse. Pilots who were lucky to get jobs at regional airlines after 9/11 are now finding jobs at major airlines for substantially more pay. This causes utter chaos at the regional level. They can barely staff their flights. Airlines like United need to keep up there on-time statistics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad