Undrafted UFA Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Who are some UFA guys around the CHL, NCAA, etc... that you like as prospects?

I like Adam Dennis from London and Dave McKee from the NCAA.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:
Who are some UFA guys around the CHL, NCAA, etc... that you like as prospects?

I like Adam Dennis from London and Dave McKee from the NCAA.

I dont know many off-hand, but i do know that Detroit will sign at least one CHL UFA. They have for the past 5 years or so.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
pavel datsyuk said:
I dont know many off-hand, but i do know that Detroit will sign at least one CHL UFA. They have for the past 5 years or so.

They definitely seem to love the OHL as well, when it comes to those signings. Jason Williams, Nathan Robinson and Eric Himelfarb come to mind immediately. Danny Groulx is the only guy outside the O i can think of them signing.

A couple of guys I could see the Wings being potentially interested in are Geoff Platt or Rob Hisey. Two solid junior scorers who deserve a chance at the next level, despite lack of size. Especially with the affermentioned guys being similar cases.

CH Wizard

Freaky Habs Fan said:
He's probably very bad defensively because with his offensive production, he sould have a contract...

The habs should.He has BEEN SO CONSISTENT offensively.That's great for a D!

leafaholix*

The Great One said:
The habs should.He has BEEN SO CONSISTENT offensively.That's great for a D!
The Leafs gave him a tryout a couple years back, obviously they didn't sign him.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:
He's probably very bad defensively because with his offensive production, he sould have a contract...
No, he's very good defensively, and one of the smartest players I've seen. The reason he wasn't drafted IMO is that he's 5'11" and doesn't play a physical game.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
McKee is only a sophomore, I don't know what the chances of him leaving are.

Other College Guys:

Marty Sertich (Jr.)
Evan Schwabe
Barret Ehgoetz
Tuomas Tarkki
Charlie Cook
Preston Callander
Jason Guerreiro
Bryan Miller
Ryan Shannon
Scott Mifsud
Dave Spina
Steve Silverthorn
Bryan Schmidt(Jr.)

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Brock said:
They definitely seem to love the OHL as well, when it comes to those signings. Jason Williams, Nathan Robinson and Eric Himelfarb come to mind immediately. Danny Groulx is the only guy outside the O i can think of them signing.

A couple of guys I could see the Wings being potentially interested in are Geoff Platt or Rob Hisey. Two solid junior scorers who deserve a chance at the next level, despite lack of size. Especially with the affermentioned guys being similar cases.

Platt can still be drafted this summer. Marc Rancourt, David Clarkson and John Scott Dickson are some of the other notable guys who could get signed from the O.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Hossa said:
Platt can still be drafted this summer. Marc Rancourt, David Clarkson and John Scott Dickson are some of the other notable guys who could get signed from the O.

Clarkson is definitely a guy I see getting a contract as well. I think he's got 3rd line potential in the NHL and should get his share of looks. He went to Kings camp last year, not sure how he looked though.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Brock said:

wait. Lack of size?(check) Lack of skating?(check) CHL overager?(check) Here's an offer sheat... ;)

EDIT: The wings have tried out some college FA too, Brett Lebda is doing ok( i use that loosely) in the AHL, and a few years back they signed Dwayne Zinger.

Also, for the CHL you forgot Bootland and Ellis. Ellis by the way had 22 points in the Griffin's last 22 games.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
pavel datsyuk said:
wait. Lack of size?(check) Lack of skating?(check) CHL overager?(check) Here's an offer sheat... ;)

EDIT: The wings have tried out some college FA too, Brett Lebda is doing ok( i use that loosely) in the AHL, and a few years back they signed Dwayne Zinger.

Also, for the CHL you forgot Bootland and Ellis. Ellis by the way had 22 points in the Griffin's last 22 games.
Sean Avery is another CHL FA Detroit picked up. Hopefully the Wings don't sign defenceman Bryan Rodney, he's been in camp the last two years, but it would be a mistake to sign him.

I'm a huge fan of Rafal Martynowski, not sure how his game would translate to the pro level, but he can definitely play both ends of the ice. For OHL defencemen, I'd probably say Brian Lee is the most interesting FA prospect.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:
I think he has to be drafted and can't be signed.

I don't think Thorensen needs to be drafted. Since his draft year he played in the Q. I know he was in the Bruins camp a couple of years ago and they passed on signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad