Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Mario Pouliot au sujet du défenseur Olivier Galipeau @ABTitan. « Oui, il nous aide sur la glace, mais son apport est peut-être encore plus grand dans le vestiaire. Gali, c’est un vrai pro. Il aime être à l’aréna. Nos jeunes veulent l’imiter. » BTW, toujours pas de contrat pro...

Another Gally? The Gally triplets :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I like Bathurst very much, as well. But if Bulldogs get through, I'm going more for them for Bitten. And then it would be Pats for Fleury. And then it would be Bathurst. I so want Habs to succeed in signing Galipeau, though.

Can you tell us a bit about Galipeau? Do you see some decent NHL upside in him?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

for me honestly, they are know way that I understand why this guys is not draft ! in the years where he was eligible, I wanted the Habs to draft him in the 5th round ! Since last years when he’s been traded to Chicoutimi he’s been by far the best Defensemen of the Q ! He is big, he’s really dominant defensively, rarely lost is one on one battle and offensively really good QI ! He doesn’t have a big Bomb but he as a good wrist shoot. He plays more then 30 minutes by game ! And before all he is mrs clutch in the playoff ! He’s so good in the playoff ask Chicoutimi fans last year and he’s probably gonna win the MVP of the playoff this year ! And to add at all this he’s a really good leader ! Captain of Val d’or and Chicoutimi and he is the leader of the Titans even if he doesn’t has the C because he arrived in the middle of the season

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Every time I've watched him, I'm impressed. He does a lot of things well. He's big and he's mobile. He can score and set teammates up. I haven't watched him all that much, but when I have, I've liked what I've seen. For him to have gone undrafted all these years, I take it he's a late bloomer.

I do see NHL upside, but I don't see top pair. I can definitely see him as a good AHL player. For me, in Laval, he'd be on the top pair with Taormina.

The Habs need to stack up on the left side of the D. On the right, they have Weber, Petry, Juulsen, Lernout, Brook, and Fleury. They also have Taormina for another year in Laval. Galipeau is a skilled player who belongs in the pros, whether that's AHL or NHL, and he is a LD. He's exactly what Habs need to sign and help stock up their prospect pool.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Habs have to be the favorites to sign this kid. Look at his two first answers at the bottom:

Ddl1sHOVwAAp9mY.jpg:large

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Considering he is born in Montreal, loves the habs and his favourite player is Weber, we should be a locked to get him?

Is he waiting for the season to end to sign a contract?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Considering he is born in Montreal, loves the habs and his favourite player is Weber, we should be a locked to get him?

I don't recall if I read this in a random place or from a legitimate site, but I read that he's waiting for the Memorial Cup to end before he makes a decision. And I believe that bringing in Bouchard in Laval and Ducharme in Montreal, it could more likely help the Habs in this situation.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006

I think he's waiting to maximize his chances at an NHL contract, as he has received AHL offers. He played really well tonight and could continue to increase his value as the tournament goes. Habs should sign him, he fits a need for us, and we have the room for him to grow should he improve further.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No movement here? I was hoping to have some updates.

Yea. I'm also surprised Galipeau hasn't signed anywhere. Even if it wouldn't have been with Montreal.

One reason could be that after the long season and the Memorial Cup win on Sunday, flying back to Bathurst on Monday, and having the parade on Tuesday, maybe he decided that he wants to take a break from it all for a week or so before making his decision.

Galipeau was at the QMJHL Draft today with Asselin to announce Bathurst's 1st round selection.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Hope we sign Antti Suomela.
He was the best player in the finish league last year.
He is a center with top 6 potential

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Hope we sign Antti Suomela.
He was the best player in the finish league last year.
He is a center with top 6 potential

Pretty soff. Not sure he'd make it in the NHL, but worth giving him a chance considering organizational depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->