Speculation: Undrafted FA Thread (NCAA/CHL/Euro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Laval signs D Bailey Webster, with 11 points from the blueline, to an ATO.

I usually don’t criticize the players they target as undrafted FA’s but 11 points in the Q at his age is horrific. Even Alzner has more offense than that.

Webster was at the development camp couple years back... almost sure about it.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
I'm hoping we are targeting a LHD out of college. We could definitely use that in the depth charts.
I'm pretty sure they are. Schuldt from SCSU according to some of the posts on this board. They also seem to be looking at Galipeau from Acadie-Bathurst of the Q who is also a lefty.

Reactions: WinterLion

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Decent numbers in the Q. Good size too. I'm guessing he played RW in his first two seasons (6'4" 20 goal defensemen would have been drafted for sure). What's the catch? Bad attitude, skater, hockey IQ? Just wondering why a guy his size with his numbers was passed over in the drafts. Any insight from anyone?

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Laval signs D Bailey Webster, with 11 points from the blueline, to an ATO.

I usually don’t criticize the players they target as undrafted FA’s but 11 points in the Q at his age is horrific. Even Alzner has more offense than that.

Are we really criticizing ATOs now.... it doesn't even take up a contract spot.

Its a couple AHL games and maybe inviting a guy to development camp if he looks half decent. Its zero commitment.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Are we really criticizing ATOs now.... it doesn't even take up a contract spot.

Its a couple AHL games and maybe inviting a guy to development camp if he looks half decent. Its zero commitment.
I saw a Sea Dogs preseason game live this year in which Webster played and he looked to be one of the better players on the ice- but it was just preseason so who knows

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Decent numbers in the Q. Good size too. I'm guessing he played RW in his first two seasons (6'4" 20 goal defensemen would have been drafted for sure). What's the catch? Bad attitude, skater, hockey IQ? Just wondering why a guy his size with his numbers was passed over in the drafts. Any insight from anyone?
I'm not sure about what position he played in previous years but a poster in his prospect thread mentioned he was playing D currently but also said he'd be a better winger. Said he's got a great shot, great skating and size but essentially plays like a forward and let's the forward covering for him play defense for the second 1/2 of his shift

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
SCSU players sign pro deals, others contemplating offers or returning

Junior defenseman Jimmy Schuldt, a top-10 finalist for the Hobey Baker Award, would not comment on where he is at regarding next season. Schuldt, a two-year captain, led the Huskies in assists (28) and was third on the team in points (38) in 40 games.
Schuldt, who is from Minnetonka, is an undrafted player and is believed to be fielding a number of offers. He has taken part in prospect camps with the Montreal Canadiens, Chicago Blackhawks and New York Islanders in the last two summers

Robby Jackson, another St. Cloud State player who was in Montreal's camp last summer, said that he is not in any rush to make a decision.
"Right now, I'm playing a video game and I'm not worried about it too much," he said of pro hockey. "There's plenty of time to decide. Right now, I'm making sure I pass my classes this semester so that I can be eligible for my senior season."
Jackson, 20, a junior forward from Alameda, California, had 15 goals and led the Huskies in points with 42 in 40 games.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Eyssimont I had 100% pegged as a returning player, that's really surprising. I guess our boy Poehling will have to get used to an even larger role offensively .

Husky1

Feb 14, 2004
Sorry not sure why I got a quote sans commentary, but it's been a while since I've posted here. Speaking as an SCSU fan Eyssimont was 50/50, if only because we have had a fair number of Kings prospects that have left early. I wouldn't call it an exodus yet since Borgen was always going to leave ,but as noted there are a couple guys who could easily follow. They might wait and see who the next coach is first.

They would actually still return a fair amount of scoring and finally be settled in goal, but top half of the league would be a realistic goal in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->