underrated prospects in your Teams Org.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I wouldn't say Hensick is underrated as he is expected by most of the Avs fans to make the team straight from NCAA.

Underrated would be more like Jones, Carman and Oreskovich.

Hensick is under rated because of his size and skating. Most people don't project him as a very good NHL'er. What they discount is his passing and hockey sense.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
From the Predators, because of their glut of quality defensive prospects, two Euros get lost in the shuffle despite putting up some huge numbers:

Denis Kulyash
Janne Niskala

Patric Hornqvist is having a monster season in Sweden, as well...after a terrific WJC.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Columbus-

RW Kirill Starkov, D Ben Wright, RW Adam Pineault

How do you not mention Steve Mason?

I just looked where he's rated here on HF and it's laughable. The guy is the best goaltending prospect in the OHL. He's got size and quickness and is one of the best puckhandleing goalies I've seen in junior. Right up their with Pogge. It's tough to even evaluate a weakness in his game.

Maybe I'm missing a Mason love fest over on the CBJ board and that's why he isn't thought to be underrated?

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
Agree with Sauer. Russell i dont think is underrated, I really thinks hes a huge long shot to make it to the NHL, his game won't translate to the NHL with his size.

Olver I dont think is overrated either. He is decent but nothing great that would make me say "how come nobody talks about this kid?".

Pyatt is definitely underrated and I'd put him on the top behind Sauer.

thing with russell is he has had a growth spurt and is taller than prucha, so really i think he has a very good shot to be on par with prucha when he was the same age

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
From the Predators, because of their glut of quality defensive prospects, two Euros get lost in the shuffle despite putting up some huge numbers:

Denis Kulyash
Janne Niskala

Patric Hornqvist is having a monster season in Sweden, as well...after a terrific WJC.

Kulyash is amazing in Eastside Hockey Manager;)

sometimesugottorace*

since there are no blues fans chiming in I will do the honers.

I will say Charles Linglett for the Blues. He went undrafted and was just signed by the Blues even though he was playing for their AHL team. He leads the team in scoring and might get a call-up pretty soon especially if the Blues make a couple of trades. I think he is 22 years old.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
thing with russell is he has had a growth spurt and is taller than prucha, so really i think he has a very good shot to be on par with prucha when he was the same age

Prucha is the exception, but how many 5'9 players that weigh 160-165 pounds make it in the NHL as a scoring winger?

Not many.

His twin brother looks small as well but he has more weight on him, I think hes like 175-180.

Of course I hope im wrong and Ryan comes to the AHL proves me wrong and put up Dawes like numbers then makes the NHL and succeeds.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
since there are no blues fans chiming in I will do the honers.

I will say Charles Linglett for the Blues. He went undrafted and was just signed by the Blues even though he was playing for their AHL team. He leads the team in scoring and might get a call-up pretty soon especially if the Blues make a couple of trades. I think he is 22 years old.

For the Blues I'm going to go with G Ben Bishop, Michal Birner, and Juhamatti Aaltonen.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I wouldn't say Hensick is underrated as he is expected by most of the Avs fans to make the team straight from NCAA.

Underrated would be more like Jones, Carman and Oreskovich.

Jones: overrated in Avs circles, underrated elsewhere

Carman: Underrated by Avs fans because plenty of us wanted Rhett Rakshani

Oreskovich: hard player to judge.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
St.Louis sports fan said:
For the Blues I'm going to go with G Ben Bishop, Michal Birner, and Juhamatti Aaltonen.

My choices, too... add in Alexander Hellstrom and Patrik Berglund.

If Berglund was doing what he's doing in anyone else's organization, he'd be a Top 50 prospect.

P_B

:bb:

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Well im a pens fan so ill start by saying

Alex Goligoski.............everyone gives huge props to kris letang now but I still think that Goli is going to be a much better player.

And my underrated player off of any team has got to be....

Cody Franson off of Nashville.........never see much about this guy anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->