Underrated prospects for 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

db23

A.J. Thelen, Wojtek Wolski, Viktor Alexandrov and Ryan Garlock all very underrated by THN and many others in my opinion. I would take Thelen and Wolski fifth and sixth in this draft. Alexandrov and Garlock in the top 20 picks.

leafaholix*

Chad Painchaud.

Whoever grabs him past the second round has a STEAL!

Goldberg

May 11, 2003
North Pole
Visit site
Wolski-over rated

I would not take Wolski in the Top 20..think he is very timid and will only be a secondary player at best. Thelan though is very under rated by THN..could be a top 5 pick.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sami Lepisto. If he is around past #45 I am doing whatever I have to go to get that pick to pick him.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I just don't see it in Thelen.

Agreed on Wolski, but he's not going to be a stud either.

Very much agree on Garlock. Check our my Draft Preview, I have him at #30.

db23

Mizral said:

Thelen was an NCAA All American as a 17 year old freshman. Top scoring defenceman in the entire NCAA and top defenceman in the CCHA. I don't know it that has been done before. Even Paul Kariya who had a phenomenal freshman year in the NCAA was 18 at the time. So was Brian Leetch.

Rob Blake played as a 17 year old in the NCAA for a couple of months but he had no where close to the success. Thelen is a lot bigger than Blake was when he played collegiate hockey as well.

Thelen and Wolski are right there with Tukonen, Olesz and Barker. My top picks would be Ovechkin, Malkin, Tukonen, Thelen, Olesz, Wolski, Barker.

ttnorm

Feb 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
db23 said:
Thelen was an NCAA All American as a 17 year old freshman. Top scoring defenceman in the entire NCAA and top defenceman in the CCHA...
If I am reading this post correctly, you are mistaken. Thelen finished 6th in the NCAA in points among defensemen and 11th in points per game. He wasn't even 1st in the CCHA in either category. Source: collegehockeystats.com.

uofmfan

Apr 28, 2004
Thelen received the Best Offensive Defenseman Award for the CCHA because he finished the CCHA regular season as the top scoring defensemen, he was the first freshman in the CCHA to win that award. In addtion to All American, he was CCHA First Team as well as All Rookie Team. The last freshman to make All American was Dany Heatley at Wisconsin.

db23

uofmfan said:
Thelen received the Best Offensive Defenseman Award for the CCHA because he finished the CCHA regular season as the top scoring defensemen, he was the first freshman in the CCHA to win that award. In addtion to All American, he was CCHA First Team as well as All Rookie Team. The last freshman to make All American was Dany Heatley at Wisconsin.

Heatley was 15 months older than Thelen when he was selected All American.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Mizral said:

What don't you see in Thelen? I don't see him being much differant than Barker who you clearly like.

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
What don't you see in Thelen? I don't see him being much differant than Barker who you clearly like.
Cam Barker's the best defenseman in the draft... atleast for now.

Thelen ain't no Barker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->