Underrated Fleecings...

iamcaper

How about these gems:

to Vancouver: Barry Pederson
to Boston: Cam Neely, 1st (Glen Wesley)

to Vancouver: Markus Naslund
to Pittsburgh: Alek Stojanov

to NYIslanders: Alex Yashin
to Ottawa: Bill Muckalt, Zdeno Chara, 2nd (Jason Spezza)

to NYRangers: Ray Sheppard (I had the wrong team)
to Buffalo: $1, FC

to Chicago: Stephane Beauragard, FC
to Buffalo: Dominik Hasek

Last edited:

iamcaper

I can't believe this one wasn't posted yet:

To Quebec: Eric Lindros
To Philadelphia: cash and future considerations, Steve Duchesne, Peter Forsberg, Ron Hextall, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon, 1st in 93 (Jocelyn Thibault) , and 1st in 94 (Wade Belak)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The trade I posted actually happened.

I know.

You had stated it was between Buffalo and Detroit, when it was actually Buffalo and the Rangers. I was correcting it.

And Kris Draper was ACTUALLY traded from Winnipeg to Detroit in 1993 for 1 $.

"On June 30, 1993, Detroit picked up a minor-leaguer from the then-Winnipeg Jets for future considerations."
"We ended up giving them a buck,'' said longtime Detroit exec Jimmy Devellano.
"The return on that investment was center Kris Draper."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/draft2003/columns/wheatley_tom/1570024.html

This entire article is actually a really good read.

iamcaper

Ouch, me a Habs fan and I still forgot this:

To Winnipeg: Robert Picard
To Montreal: 3rd (Patrick Roy)

Or:

To Chicago: Pit Martin, Gilles Marotte and Jack Norris
To Boston: Phil Esposito, Fred Stanfield and Ken Hodge.

To LA: rights to Marcel Dionne and Bart Crashley
To Detroit: Terry Harper and Dan Maloney.

To Toronto: Tom Kurvers
To New Jersey: 1st (Scott Niedermayer)

And, now this isn't technically an NHL trade, it's worthy of mentioning:

To Indianapolis Racers: cash and future considerations
To Edmonton: Wayne Gretzky, Ed Mio and Peter Driscoll

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I can't believe this one wasn't posted yet:

To Quebec: Eric Lindros
To Philadelphia: cash and future considerations, Steve Duchesne, Peter Forsberg, Ron Hextall, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon, 1st in 93 (Jocelyn Thibault) , and 1st in 94 (Wade Belak)

first of all you have it backwards. Second of all, this is about deals that are overlooked. That most certainly isn't.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
first of all you have it backwards. Second of all, this is about deals that are overlooked. That most certainly isn't.

yeah, exactly...the point of this thread is deals that don't spring to the layman's mind when it comes to lopsided trades. That said, great contributions everyone, keep 'em comin'.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
A steal for the Pens, in 1996: Chris Wells to Florida for Stu Barnes and Jason Woolley. Even though Woolley was dumped after the season, Barnes was a good catch and would later turn into Matt Barnaby. Wells simply sucked.

And another one, from 1990: Jim Johnson and Chris Dahlquist to Minnesota for Larry Murphy and Peter Taglianetti. One of Craig Patrick's awesome Cup-building trades. Too bad Murphy was later traded for the horrible Dmitri Mironov.

And a bad one, from 1997: Glen Murray to Los Angeles for Ed Olczyk. "ABM" (Anyone but Murray) couldn't get anything done in Pittsburgh, but was still young and came into his own with the Kings. Olczyk left as free agent after only 68 games and 33 points for the Pens. And the worst part: he became part of the country club back then which led to his hiring as head coach two years ago. Ugh.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
Berard for Potvin could have been one if Hossa wasn't a dumbass.

A mediocre starting goalie for Calder winner/first overall pick from just three years before. Mike Milbury sure went senile at an early age.

Looking at the points a one-eyed Berard put up after his comeback makes me depressed. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad