UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Pretty strong game tonight vs UPEI, lots of mistakes but expected being their first exhibition game. Overall strong opening despite missing Francis, Jordan and Matt.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Pretty strong game tonight vs UPEI, lots of mistakes but expected being their first exhibition game. Overall strong opening despite missing Francis, Jordan and Matt.

Where was Matt? I see Francis is on the Blue Jacket's rookie tournament roster, and Jordan is on the Lightning's... I didn't see Matt's name on the Pens' roster, did he get an invite from someone else?

freddy123

Jun 30, 2013
Fredericton
Anyone know if the game against McGill tomorrow will be webcast? There doesn't seem to be anything on McGill's website except for a link to live stats right now.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Does anyone know when Jordan Murray, Matt Murphy and Francis Beauvillie will be back? I was wondering if they are going to make the weekend trip to the US.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Does anyone know when Jordan Murray, Matt Murphy and Francis Beauvillie will be back? I was wondering if they are going to make the weekend trip to the US.

Jordan Murray - Tampa Bay Lighting
- the Prospect team finished on the 20th
- He is not on the 70 Player Training Camp Roster
- He should be back now, but didn't play in Montreal (don't know why)

Matt Murphy (Winnipeg)
- He is on the 60 Player Training Camp Roster
- They just started on the 24th, he was likely prep'ing for the trip on Monday instead of playing the game vs UPEI.
- If he's still in the non-game group by Friday, he'll likely be cut, but unlikely to make the road trip. If he's cut by Thu - be might make it (my guess)

Francis Beauvillier (Columbus )
- He is on the 65 Player Training Camp Roster
- They started on the 22nd.
- The big cut date is Friday. He could get cut earlier, but the schedule has the four(4) practice teams reduced to 2 after Friday when they have a day off. Unlikely to make the road trip if he's cut on Friday. (my guess)

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
unbhockey Hot off the wire. Matt Murphy will be joining the V-Reds Hockey club soon as well. Congrats on the main camp in WPG.

Sounds like all three are back, not sure who is making the trip though.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Dropped by the AUC today. Thought I might buy my ticket to the home opener. Was surprised to find out that they weren't on sale yet. Very surprising considering it is only 8 days away.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Merrimack 5 New Brunswick 3 - Just got done watching a very ugly game between the Warriors and the VReds. Refs called everything they could see. Game turned nasty as player's frustrations boiled over. Three VReds out with game misconducts (Beauvllier, Murray, and Marceaux). I'm guessing they will not be eligible to play against New Hampshire per NCAA rules.

Matt Murphy was not dressed for this game nor was Chris Clapperton.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
The antics left Dennehy, and likely other head coaches around Hockey East, wondering if there isn’t a better way. Northeastern and Acadia combined for 114 penalty minutes and BU and Prince Edward Island combined for 122 penalty minutes.

“Yes, unequivocally, yes,†Dennehy said when asked if games like this made him question if there was a better way to prepare for the season. “You do get something out of these games that you don’t get out of an exhibition, but there has to be a better way. I don’t know why we can’t just scrimmage ourselves? Maybe scrimmaging NCAA teams is a solution. We’re paying (New Brunswick) for that game, too. We’re giving a guarantee. It’s a head-scratcher.â€

Maybe because they're no repercussions being an exhibition game in another league the players play as dirty as they want?

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Read some of Mike McMahon's (covers Merrimack) tweets about the game...obviously he is going to be biased and frustrations were clearly boiling over, but it sounded like the way UNB played/acted was a bit embarrassing.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Maybe because they're no repercussions being an exhibition game in another league the players play as dirty as they want?

It's got to be. I mean, we can't say that it never happens in league action... but it's much more rare. A few games a season get out of control, and that's it. Meanwhile, every AUS/NCAA game last night had 112 total PIMs or more.

Someone needs to step in a do something. There's a lot of talk about the NCAA teams stopping these exhibition games because it's the same garbage year after year.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Murray and Beauvillier (and Marcoux) would have been suspended because of the game vs Merrimack, Clapperton is injured, not sure on Murphy and Petagrave.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Murphy and Petgrave were both listed on the stats sheet that I was looking at...but neither had accumulated any stats (ie/ no SOG, penalties, etc) and I didn't hear their names at all when I was watching....so I was just assuming neither played. Maybe they just took the warm-up and that is why they were listed in the box score.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
I did learn something new today, you can get a 5 min major for a face wash. (Face wash Violation..Never heard of it before, but I guess it was a rule that was put in to cut down on the face washes and after the whistle pushing and shoving, find it kinda ironic that it's a major penalty considering they all wear full face masks.

Prov1X

Feb 26, 2012
Fredericton NB
Read some of Mike McMahon's (covers Merrimack) tweets about the game...obviously he is going to be biased and frustrations were clearly boiling over, but it sounded like the way UNB played/acted was a bit embarrassing.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.as...fan+after+getting+ejected+from+game&id=590734

Sounds like a bunch of he said/she said. Not saying that it didn't happen, but Marcoux doesn't seem like a player to throw a stick at a kid, even if he was being heckled. But I wasn't there, so I can't honestly say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad