Confirmed with Link: Umberger Bought Out (June 2016)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lehtera may get bought out after Hextall trades/signs for a couple veteran forwards.
But he might just eat the year, the only reason to buy him out is roster room.

As far as people whining about his 10 minutes a night, that's easily fixed, just have NAK, MV and Bardreau out play him in camp, and don't bring back Read, Leier, Weal, and Weise, who weren't able to do so.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
After looking it over, I don’t see the need to buy him out. It’s unlikely the cap space is needed this upcoming season so it’s better to just stash him in the press box/minors for a year if the plan is to go younger.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After looking it over, I don’t see the need to buy him out. It’s unlikely the cap space is needed this upcoming season so it’s better to just stash him in the press box/minors for a year if the plan is to go younger.

Oh its better..but it wont happen. He'll probably end up as our 3C thanks to Hakstol.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
We could have all the cap space in the world and the only player I’m interested in signing for more then 2 years is JT. Therefore I hope hexy doesn’t buy out Lethera and gets him off the books ASAP

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
#14? I'll watch 82 games of Lehtera to add that pick in this draft.
How many shots are we going to get at that kind of pick in the future?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yeah taking Lehtera is a no brainer if your goal is those two firsts. The bigger question is was the two firsts worth giving up Schenn? I think value-wise it was fine but I wonder what the team looks like with Schenn still kicking around.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just go back two years and you have your answer.
Schenn ES, 32, 28, 37, 27, 51
Yes, he looked better in St Louis surrounded by two top wings - here he'd be on the 3rd line.

Schwartz had 46 ES points before Schenn, 47 with Schenn.
Tarasenko had 50 ES ponts before Schenn, 50 with Schenn.
He didn't make them better, they made him look better.

I'll take Frost and #14 and promoting Couts to 1st line and Patrick as 2C.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah taking Lehtera is a no brainer if your goal is those two firsts. The bigger question is was the two firsts worth giving up Schenn? I think value-wise it was fine but I wonder what the team looks like with Schenn still kicking around.

Well, we wouldn't be talking about acquiring a middle 6 scoring winger like a Skinner or Hoffman; that's for sure.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You'd be happy with Schenn's 31 ES points a year on the second line?
Heck, people aren't happy with Simmonds putting up similar numbers on the 3rd line.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I'm praying that we get to have another one of these threads in about three weeks. But this time for Lehtera.

Honestly, if it weren’t for Hak’s insistence on playing him, I’d prefer just to deal with him for one more year and have the salary off the books all together at the end of the year.

It’s sad (borderline pathetic) that we have to factor in the coach’s god-awful personnel decisions when weighing whether to buy somebody out.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Unfortunately Hextall already confirmed that Lehtera wont be bought out.

Both he and his hand-picked coach think Lehtera is a valuable player.

I dont expect him to be bought out, cause it just doesnt make financial/cap sense. I'm really hoping they send him down so he can be a great veteran presence on the Phantoms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad