Ultimate Crosby Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Demon

Nov 10, 2004
New Brunswick
Alright, assuming Crosby gets drafted this June or whenever, we're going to play a little game in predicting his first season with whatever team. So here is how it works:

1) Name the team that he is playing for.
2) His line mates and whether he is 1st/2nd/3rd line
3) The amount of points he will put up in an NHL regular season, in a Goals-Assist-Points Format

So for EXAMPLE:

1) Atlanta
2) Dany Heatley - Sidney Crosby - Ilya Kovalchuk - 1st line
3) 12-28-40

So have fun.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
#1s are usually rushed to the NHL after they're drafted (why should Crosby of all people not succeed at the next level?) and Crosby can't play in the AHL next year, it;s either NHL or QMJHL.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
AgentOrange said:
Opinion. Not fact.

Maybe, but I heard Claude Julien about that topic. He said that there was no way in hell that Crosby doesn't go straight into the nhl next year (assuming there's hockey).

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
1) Pittsburgh
2) Ryan Malone - Sidney Crosby - UFA - 2nd line
3) 31-45-76

Note that Pittsburgh down the middle would be Mario - Crosby - Malkin, therefore second line. Also I think that points will be higher the next season played as the NHL does everything but have refs trip goalies to get scoring up.

Mr.Brownov*

I think he will jump to the NHL right away after his draft,but will take a while to adjust.A few hits from the bigger players and less playing time will bring his confidence down.

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
It's pointless.

Kovalchuk and Heatley doesn't play together. They would never make that kind of line. And just for the record Heatley is RW and Kovalchuk LW.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
AgentOrange said:
Opinion. Not fact.

Fact to me.

For Crosby at his age, it's either QJMHL or NHL. AHL isnt an option unless he play some nhl games before and then, both sides agree to let him go to AHL. Doesnt happen to Fleury last year, wont happen to Crosby either.

AgentOrange*

Leachmeister2000 said:
#1s are usually rushed to the NHL after they're drafted (why should Crosby of all people not succeed at the next level?) and Crosby can't play in the AHL next year, it;s either NHL or QMJHL.
Although its probably 99.99% likely he will be drafted #1 overall, there are still no guarantees.

Please help me out here. Why cant he play for the AHL next year, if drafted by an NHL team?

espo*

AgentOrange said:
Opinion. Not fact.
Tecnically you are right,realistically i don't think you are.If there is an nhl nexst year he most likely will be in it,but yes,there are no garuntees.But him being in the nhl if it is up and running next year is probably as close to a garuntee as you can get.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
cyclops said:
Tecnically you are right,realistically i don't think you are.If there is an nhl nexst year he most likely will be in it,but yes,there are no garuntees.But him being in the nhl if it is up and running next year is probably as close to a garuntee as you can get.

Definately. Owners will be concerned with fans coming back. Anyone doubt the effect on ticket sales Crosby would have, not just in his city, but while away? Crosby will play barring an injury, we all know that.

AgentOrange*

cyclops said:
Exactly.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Crosby will not play in AHL, he'll go straigh to NHL like THornton, Lecavilier, Nash, Boumeester, Kovalchuk. He's more hyped than all of them, why would n't go to NHL, espcially w/ the need to sell tickets.

I hope he goes to Columbus:

Nash Crosby Zheredev ..... the best line in the NHL for the next decade

that is if they all play on the same line, they probably won't but what a power play and if down late in games ....

Crosby first year: 24g 51a 75pts (assuming NHL becomes less clutch and grab and so defensive)
18g 43a 61pts (if NHL is like last year)

espo*

trahans99 said:
Crosby will not play in AHL, he'll go straigh to NHL like THornton, Lecavilier, Nash, Boumeester, Kovalchuk. He's more hyped than all of them, why would n't go to NHL, espcially w/ the need to sell tickets.

that is if they all play on the same line, they probably won't but what a power play and if down late in games ....

Crosby first year: 24g 51a 75pts (assuming NHL becomes less clutch and grab and so defensive)
My God that has the potential to be a scary line.Just think of it!!Wow!!But would there be enough pucks to go around for those guys?,especially between Zherdev and Sid?..........

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
trahans99 said:

I would **** in my pants if I was a defenseman and saw them on the same line. :eek: But if Im a fan it would be amazing to see them play.

AgentOrange*

Career ending injury before he plays his first NHL game.

Fans across Canada go into massive moarning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad