Ukranian Composite Sticks: worse than Mexican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
I just bought a Canadian made Bauer Vapor XX stick, and I love it. I was tempted to buy one with a Hossa blade (which I prefer) but, I looked at the blade, and the material was inconsistent, with areas where it looked like a whole different mold was fused on to areas of the blade. There were fractures, dents, etc. all over the blade and the shaft. Why bother owning that? Then, I noticed that it was made in Ukraine.

Recently, I was tempted to buy a Revolution stick. Perfect weight, blade, whip, etc. I loved it. Then I looked at the blade closely, and saw that the thing looked like it was manufactured on Hangover Day by second grade monkeys during the Bronze Age. Again, the stick was made in the Ukraine.

So, what's up with Ukranian stick manufacturing, and do they make good sticks in Ukraine?

I'm a stick snob...if it's not made in Canada, Finland, or sometimes the US...I won't buy it UNLESS it looks like its grade A craftsmanship.

realhabsfan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If im not mistaken, i was under the impression that Vapor XX sticks were made in the US or Mexico out of the same plant that the Innovative sticks were being made. However ive found that the Innovative composite sticks are way more consistent in blade finishing and quality thatn the Vapor is......To answer your question are ukranian sticks better....i would venture to say no. If they moved manufacturing plant from mexico to the ukraine its obviously a cost issue for them and wouldnt be to make the quality any better.

PredsFan77*

wickedbsfan said:
I just bought a Canadian made Bauer Vapor XX stick, and I love it. I was tempted to buy one with a Hossa blade (which I prefer) but, I looked at the blade, and the material was inconsistent, with areas where it looked like a whole different mold was fused on to areas of the blade. There were fractures, dents, etc. all over the blade and the shaft. Why bother owning that? Then, I noticed that it was made in Ukraine.

Recently, I was tempted to buy a Revolution stick. Perfect weight, blade, whip, etc. I loved it. Then I looked at the blade closely, and saw that the thing looked like it was manufactured on Hangover Day by second grade monkeys during the Bronze Age. Again, the stick was made in the Ukraine.

So, what's up with Ukranian stick manufacturing, and do they make good sticks in Ukraine?

I'm a stick snob...if it's not made in Canada, Finland, or sometimes the US...I won't buy it UNLESS it looks like its grade A craftsmanship.

looks like you'll be enjoying wood.

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
As long as I can get quality composite, I'll be happy. I never take slapshots. I'm a former goalie, and I just don't get them. Unless your slapshot is awesome, it just doesn't work. From the point, a wrist shot will get through a screen better than a slapper.

Now, after years of loving the feel of wood, I'm going composite because it has doubled the speed of my wrist shot. Is that cheating? Well, as a former goalie, it isn't because when I was a goalie - (before 1990) my pads were so much smaller than today. So darn it all, if a goalie is going to face me wearing a Michelin Man costume, I'm going to go at him with a howitzer, not a slingshot.

If the goalie has the gentlemanly decency to wear old school pads I'll break out my back up wood stick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->