UK Couple Coming to NYC

DuncUK

Dec 12, 2012
Hey guys,

Right first of all I want to apologise if this kinda thing has been covered before. I've had a very brief look through one of the topics on what to do in NYC but what I'm really looking for is some NHL tips.

I've been to New York before but I'm bring my missus with me this time as she has never been and I said New York is the first place she should visit. Now I always said when I came back to NY I want to watch both an NHL game and an NBA game. Fortunately both are on when we come over (22nd - 26th March 2013). The NHL game is Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers.

Now I've been looking through websites for tickets but the prices seem fairly steep. Now I saw prices at face value for the 400 Sections is about $68. I've heard that the 200's are recognised as the best all round seats. Now these seat online seem to go for about $150 to $350 depending on behind goal or centre ice. What I want to know is: 1) If we waited until we arrived in NY whats the chances of there being any tickets even left? 2) How much would tickets for the 200's be at face value? 3) Is there specific areas where home fans and away fans sit? 4) What is worth knowing about NHL before I come over? I want to know as much as possible before I come over so I know what on earth is going on.

Any help would be greatly recieved and appreciated.

Duncan

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think the first thing you will want to know is if they will be playing. I would think that any schedule is subject to drastic changes if they do play.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
What you should know about the NHL?

They're a bunch of greedy ******** that aren't playing. Enjoy basketball

DuncUK

Dec 12, 2012
So im guessing that even though games maybe scheduled for specific dates there is no guarantee they'll be on?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
So im guessing that even though games maybe scheduled for specific dates there is no guarantee they'll be on?

There's no guarantee. If they resolve this CBA (with no indication they will) the schedule will have to be revised to adapt to a shorter, compresses season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->