Light Heavyweight bout: Sam Alvey vs. Marcin Prachnio
Bantamweight bout: Rani Yahya vs. Russell Doane
Flyweight bout: Eric Shelton vs. Alex Perez
Bantamweight bout: Albert Morales vs. Manny Bermudez​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Obviously one of the weaker main events you'll see for one of these cards and you can probably skip the Fight Pass portion, but I think all 8 of the main card fights have some intrigue.

I find the woman's MMA fights have been absolutely terrible lately, but there are some relevant fights here.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There's definitely a lot of variation in quality but Andrade generally manages to be pretty entertaining.

Agreed - the beating she put on Gadelha was something to see. But in general, the shine has worn off woman's fights in the UFC. I was not a fan of the UFC adding them originally, but they sucked me in a bit with some good fights and Rousey's run.

It's just been completely over-saturated now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sam Alvey with a nice KO. Good to see him back in there after that ugly looking leg injury he had during his last fight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
30-27 for Hill is the correct call there. Moroz was throwing a ton but she really wasn't really landing much. She was just swinging at air for most of the fight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What a comeback. Reneau might've lost 10-8 in the first round and then she submits McMann in the second.

I don't know where beating Barao gets you these days but still a good showing for Kelleher. Barao was a punching bag to close out that fight and looked to be out on his feet.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great performance by Latifi. Can't blame him for asking but he probably needs at least two more performances like that before being in the title conversation.

Perry/Griffin was a fun fight. Griffin fought that perfectly and lit Perry up in the first two rounds.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It might've been hard to see in real time because of how quick things are happening but the ref clearly missed some illegal strikes before the finish. It's too bad there's controversy now because Stephens likely would've had the finish anyways.

This was a very good card. The only televised fight that didn't deliver was Hill/Moroz.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I have no problem with it. I'm not a huge Stephens fan but at the end of the day this is a fight, and he won. We start doing slow-mo replays and there's almost always gonna be room for debate. Bottom line is he didn't do anything blatantly illegal which was the primary contributing factor to him finishing the fight. No controversy IMO.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Love me some Latifi. Don't think he's a top contender, but one can always dream. OSP looks like a guy who only trains Von Flu chokes (of all things) and high kicks, because nothing else in his game looks good or makes any kind of sense. He pretty only feinted to set up more telegraphed feints.

Wasn't high on Emmett as a contender before and I am not any more high on him now. He's a fast and strong, but it's all one-note speed with little variation in his strikes. You also can't out-chin Stephens in a power-punching contest. Either take the fight away from Stephens or go to sleep.

Andrade continues to be a problem for anyone who can't take away an ugly firefight with clean tight footwork, sharp counters and a great clinch game. I'd favor her over Rose since Rose tends to lose in ugly attrition wars. We're probably looking at a rock-paper-scissor scenario in the division.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
The knee would've been really dirty if it landed, Stephens is lucky it didn't.. and Emmett's really lucky. The head shots I think are less of an issue, they didn't seem to be blatant or intentional. Stephens deserved the win.

Pretty entertaining card overall. I've found the free cards have been better than a few of the last PPV's.

Reactions: td_ice

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great win for Latifi. I mean, I can't believe we are talking about Latifi being likely a top 5 contender for the LHW belt.. but here we are. I still will never understand how clueless some fighters are, though. Latifi calls out Cormier.. does he not know Cormier is fighting Miocic? What does he expect will happen. If you want to call someone out, call out one of the other top 5 guys and yourself up for the next fight.

Perry's still young in terms of fighting time, but he really needs to evolve his game a bit. Having someone other than your girlfriend as your lead corner may be a start. Not sure what to say about Griffin - he did fine.

Can't believe how quick Barao has fallen off. Gotta be a USADA casualty. He's not long for the UFC at this rate.

Overall, pretty decent card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->