GDT: UFC on ESPN: The Korean Zombie vs. Ige

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Where'd you guys rank Zombie in his weight class? Haven't really watched UFC in a while but had to tune in when I saw he had a fight tonight. Always loved that guy.
I agree with his spot on the UFC's official rankings, 4th behind Volkanovski (C), Max, Ortega, and Yair

Reactions: m9 and JoVel

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Why is a fight with the Korean Zombie behind closed doors? He's a zombie and thus COVID is of no concern since he's already dead right???

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Where'd you guys rank Zombie in his weight class? Haven't really watched UFC in a while but had to tune in when I saw he had a fight tonight. Always loved that guy.

He's near the top. I think he's clearly behind Volkanovski, Ortega, and Max. He's ranked below Yair as well and it makes sense because he lost to him but he was also dominating that fight until the last second KO so I think he's actually the better fighter. He's in a bit of a weird spot and I'm not sure what's next for him since the four guys ranked above him are scheduled to fight each other.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He's near the top. I think he's clearly behind Volkanovski, Ortega, and Max. He's ranked below Yair as well and it makes sense because he lost to him but he was also dominating that fight until the last second KO so I think he's actually the better fighter. He's in a bit of a weird spot and I'm not sure what's next for him since the four guys ranked above him are scheduled to fight each other.

Max vs. Yair not happening because Max got an injury

edit. not sure if it has been rescheduled.

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
prelims are sneaky awesome

Hall-Topuria
Lee-Brady
Price-Pereira
Akhmedov-Tavares
Du Pleissis-Giles
Condit-Griffin

are all fights I have some level of caring about

i like O’Malley and Tuivasa so i don’t mind them on the main card. It’s a Conor PPV, they can put finger painting underneath it and it will sell the same

Ya the card is pretty sick tbh

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Good win for Zombie. I think Ige is kind of limited when it comes to the top level guys, but he's a tough motherf***er and scrappy as hell so it's going to be tough to put him away. Zombie did what he had to do to pick up the win.

I wonder if they will just scrap Max-Yair, give Max the title shot, and run back Zombie-Yair? A lot of things would need to go right, but I would love if we could get to a Max-Zombie title fight. Max probably works him, but those are the 2 baddest guys in the division IMO.

Didn't see anything else, but sounds like some good fights. Good to see Brown pick up a big win. Dude is a real one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad