GDT: UFC on ESPN: Ribas vs. Namajunas/Bellator Belfast: Anderson vs. Moore

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
He called it a “showcase fight” for Ribas

She looks solid but I mean cmon lmao
"Showcase fight"... Where she loses 4 out of the 5 rounds on 2 judges cards.... Who was this media guy?

2 49-46s a bit surprising to me
1,2,4, and 5 were Rose in my mind. She had the significant strike advantage in those rounds and significant control time in half of them.

Side note, what was going on with Rose's cheek/eye? Weird swelling pattern.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
All 3 gave 5 to Rose which I don’t think she won. One judge gave 2 to Ribas, which again I don’t think she won

1711256894549.png

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
"Showcase fight"... Where she loses 4 out of the 5 rounds on 2 judges cards.... Who was this media guy?

1,2,4, and 5 were Rose in my mind. She had the significant strike advantage in those rounds and significant control time in half of them.

Side note, what was going on with Rose's cheek/eye? Weird swelling pattern.

Turns out it’s Not a journalist, just some clown whose tweets they put on the side every fight night

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Rose is the correct decision but I thought Ribas might have given away the first two rounds by getting that dumb throw reversed.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Caught the main event last night.

Ribas did better than I expected, but ultimately, she's just not technical enough to handle someone like Rose. She relies a bit on being the bully which is why I think she's much better suited at 115. Although, I think she's probably limited there, too. I think Rose might struggle with some of the bigger girls at 125, too, but at least she's pretty slick both on the feet and the ground. She can at least hang.

Reactions: Taytro and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad